Darwin Jones comes from a long line of policemen, extending back to his ancestor, Sir Robert Peel. Although he studied in science in college, he solved several mysteries on campus, proving that deduction was in his blood. Jones eventually became chief of the Department of Scientific Investigation, a post that combined research and police work. After years investigating all manner of scientific strangeness, Jones retired from the D.S.I.
He was active during the Crisis, using his skills to examine the time anomalies caused by the destruction of infinite Earths. With other scientists, Jones created the Gestalt, a shared computer intelligence linking their great minds. Jones left the Gestalt after it accidentally created the Humbug.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 17 Appearances of Darwin Jones (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Darwin Jones (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Darwin Jones (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Darwin Jones (New Earth)