Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dave was a motorcycle-riding vampire responsible for turning five young women into vampires as well. Dave was not only their master, but operated as their pimp as well, sending them out to procure fresh victims for him. None of the vamps were allowed to feed without first providing for their master. Ultimately however, they grew tired of this practice. In 1994, the Vamps decided to fight back. After watching Dave engorge himself on the blood of some bikers, they ambushed him, tying his limbs to four separate motorcycles, then speeding off, tearing his body limb from limb. The Vamp known as Howler then pounced upon his torso, driving a wooden stake into his heart. They buried the remains in separate shallow graves in the hills of North Carolina.
David was resurrected however, and returned to get revenge against his former brides, particularly Howler. He tracked Howler to the foster home of her son Tommy and engaged in a brutal throw down with her. He tried stabbing Howler with a broken sofa leg, but Howler evaded the blow, biting off a piece of David's face. David's other former bride, Mink, appeared outside the window of the house and fired a crossbow bolt that pierced David's heart. While incapacitated, the vamps dismembered him and packed his remains into five separate backpacks to be disposed of later.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: Vampires have improved several times higher than those of any human being of course these skills can vary depending on each person they will have some other stronger senses of his companions always given the dedication and training that each set to improve ways. Among the main ways that vampires have improved we find the following:
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Only vampires with a more advanced powers Control demonstrate the ability of altering either its appearance to imitate other people or in such cases selective transformation for creating claws to increase the lethality of its attacks in extreme cases and only vampires with a capacity of very advanced monitoring capabilities such change would show how elements, elasticity and other capabilities which vary depending on their ability, imagination and control, because as you know some vampires are stronger than others.
- 3 Appearances of David (Vamps)
- 1 Images featuring David (Vamps)
- Quotations by or about David (Vamps)
- Character Gallery: David (Vamps)
- Dave at dccomics.com
- Dave at Wikipedia.org
- Vamps #1 (First appearance)(Flashback and main story)
- Vamps #5
- Vamps #6 (Final appearance; Dies)(Flashback and main story)
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."