Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
David Reid is Magog, a powerful warrior armed with an energy lance.
The defining tragedy of David Reid's young life was when his parents, his sister and some of his friends were kidnapped during the Parademon invasion which caused the formation of the Justice League, and he never met them again. David needed someone to blame, so he blamed the metahumans.
Five years later, living as a homeless boy, Reid was outraged by the news that Superman and Wonder Woman had become a couple. His rage was the catalyst necessary for an occult experiment by Circe, who found him and forcibly bonded him with the magic artifact that she normally used to create her Beastiamorphs. The artifact changed Reid, in mind and body, though as the pain caused him to black out, Circe assured him that he would eventually remember all the important things.
Surfacing soon after as an amnesiac with amazing powers who called himself Wonderstar, Reid decided to become a superhero. However, soon after he encountered Superman and Wonder Woman, his rage surfaced. He attacked the two, injuring Superman with his magic, as his rage began to surface. He renamed himself Magog, as he tried to beat the reason for his rage out of the two heroes.
- Magog's Armor: Magog possesses an elaborate suit of armor gifted by Circe.
- Magog's Power Staff: Magog carries a staff infused with a large amount of energy. He is capable of emitting and redirecting various forms of energy with this staff.
- Magog was created by Alex Ross and Mark Waid, first appearing in Kingdom Come #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Magog first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Superman/Wonder Woman #14 by Peter J. Tomasi and Doug Mahnke.
- 15 Appearances of David Reid (Prime Earth)
- 7 Images featuring David Reid (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about David Reid (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: David Reid (Prime Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."