David Wist was a watch repairman who wanted to become part of Frenchy Day's criminal gang, but he was always denied a chance, deemed as useless for the crimes. Wist went out to perform a crime by himself, but he was involved in an accident on a nuclear-fission plant, after which he gained magnetic powers. Wist adopted the costumed identity of the criminal known as The Human Magnet and started a crime spree across Gotham City. His reign of terror ended when Batman found a way to stop Wist, by locking his hands together as they were charged with opposite electric field forces.
- Electromagnetism: The Human Magnet is able to repel and attract metallic objects using the different magnetic charges on his hands.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Wist worked as a watch repairman and often provided his services as safe cracker for the criminal element of Gotham.
- This version of Human Magnet, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of David Wist (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring David Wist (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about David Wist (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: David Wist (Earth-Two)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."