- My vulnerability to magic is going to get old fast...
- -- Superman
Appearing in "Lost Souls"
- Justice Society of America (Deceased)
Synopsis for "Lost Souls"
Attempting to take initiative against Asmodel, the Heroes divide up into three teams. A group led by Wonder Woman, consisting of Zauriel, Raven, Supergirl, Mister Miracle and Sentinel travels to Heaven to attempt to convince Jim Corrigan to rebond with the Spectre entity. Superman leads a team down into Hell to restart the Hellfires consisting of Green Lantern, Firestorm The Atom, Zatanna, Faust, and Enchantress (possessed by Deadman). Batman and the rest of the Heroes stay in Manhattan to continue fighting the Demon onslaught.
In Hell, Superman's team fights Cerberus, and reaches the River Styx. Wonder Woman's team is unable to get Corrigan to leave Heaven, but Saint Michael redirects them to Purgatory, where he suggests they might be able to find more capable souls. There, they are offered assistance by a number of bygone heroes, most prominently Hal Jordan, the former Green Lantern.
- The heroes that appear at the Gates of Heaven are all deceased Golden Age superheroes from the Justice Society of America.
- Although Hal Jordan was a hero for many years as Green Lantern, he is in Purgatory for his actions as the villainous Parallax. Despite his near destruction of the Universe during the events of Zero Hour, he gave his life to save Earth during the events of Final Night.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Day of Judgment Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Day of Judgment series
- Images from Day of Judgment Vol 1 2
- DC Universe Magical Community
Links and References
- Day of Judgment (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Day of Judgment at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Day of Judgment at dcindexes.com
|Day of Judgment Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the "Day of Judgment" crossover event that took place in 1999. Day of Judgment involved the rogue Angel Asmodel being bonded to the Spectre Force, and using his powers to wreak havoc on the world, attempting to take vengeance against the Presence. Hell was frozen over, and both Demons and the Damned were released upon Earth. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Day of Judgment Crossover" category.