The man who would become the killer known as Deadline, began his life as a freelance assassin to criminal families in America. When the Dominators detonated their Gene-bomb on Earth, Deadline's metagene was activated, and gave him increased durability and reflexes as well as the power to pass through physical objects. Equipped with high-tech gear, he became one of the nation's leading assassins.
While in Las Vegas, Deadline accepted a contract on Starman which resulted in a great deal of damage to the Vegas Strip. He suffered a radiation burn on his left hand due to this battle with Starman that fueled Deadline's hatred and led to them clashing many times after. He was rumored to be one of the best, and highest paid super-mercenaries, along with Bolt.
He was recruited into the Suicide Squad, tasked with propping up a dictatorship on the island of Diablo Verde in the Bermuda Triangle. His team terrorized civilians for fun until Amanda Waller neutralized Deadline when the Squad attempted to remove the dictator.
He was hired by King Thesily of Poseidonis to assassinate Aquaman. During the battle he managed to get Aquaman out of the ocean and into the sky, where Deadline had the advantage, but still he failed to kill his target. He was also contracted to eliminate Steel which he also failed to accomplish.
Joker's Last Laugh
While attempting to aid in an escape from Iron Heights with cohorts Deadshot and Merlyn, the Jokerized Deadline was seemingly shot and killed by Warden Wolfe. Because he was under the influence of Joker's chemicals at the time, abnormal healing properties allowed Deadline to recover slowly, only to be gravely injured once again when he and several other assassins stupidly went gunning for his former Killer Elite teammate Deadshot.
- Armored Suit: Deadline wears armor that protects against physical and energy attacks, armor contains several covers and pouches for storage.
- Aero Discs: Anti-gravitational disks for the use of personal flight.
- Custom Rifle: A customized rifle capable of firing bullets designed to harm superhuman targets.
- 34 Appearances of Deadline (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Deadline (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Deadline (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Deadline (New Earth)
Suicide Squad member