- KILL ALL JAPANESE CRIMEFIGHTERS!
- -- Lord Death Man src
Death Man was a Japanese crime lord with the uncanny ability to put himself in a yoga trance that made him appear dead.
Death Man first started his criminal career in Gotham City, where he was confronted by Batman and Robin. Despite being easily captured by the heroes, Death Man was confident about being able to escape the law. During his trial, Death Man died and he was soon buried in an unmarked grave. However, he soon started a second crime spree and Batman was able to capture him a second time, but Death Man died once again. Eventually, Batman deduced that Death Man was using the yogi technique to fake his death and the hero confronted Death Man for a third time. This time, Death Man got the upper hand in the fight and would've defeated the Dark Knight, but he was struck by lightning, which apparently killed him.
- Regeneration: Later in his career, he developed a genuine healing factor rather than relying on trickery.
- Meditation: Death-Man has mastered the yoga art of controlling his body to mask his vital signs, creating the illusion of death.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 5 Appearances of Death Man (New Earth)
- 17 Images featuring Death Man (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Death Man (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Death Man (New Earth)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."