- Maybe we should retire and let the Campfire Girls guard the city. They couldn't do any worse!
- -- Pantha
Appearing in "Child's Play"
- Lord Chaos
- Baby Wildebeest
- Frog (Behind the scenes)
- Misfit (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Starfire doppelgänger
- Steve Dayton
- Terry Long
Synopsis for "Child's Play"
The Titans go undercover on the streets of New York in search of the fugitive Slade Wilson. Slade is having his own problems, as the process that once made him a super-soldier is slowly breaking down. Slade sneaks into a store to steal some clothes and soon after recovers his weaponry. While walking down the street, he is ambushed by three amateur pickpockets who steal his sword and lance. Nearby, Nightwing witnesses the attack and breaks his cover to stop Slade. Deathstroke evades Nightwing's blows and runs off.
After finding the punks who stole his belongings, Deathstroke then encounters a group of mafia goons. The thugs are actually trying to kill the three pickpockets. Deathstroke fights them off, then takes off for a meeting with Squirrel.
Meanwhile at S.T.A.R. Labs, Donna Troy and Terry Long speak with the imprisoned Team Titan known as Redwing. Redwing tells them that Donna's unborn child must die or else it is destined to become a villain known as Lord Chaos. Donna and Terry are naturally put off by Redwing's claims. Suddenly, Donna suffers a seizure and falls to the floor.
After meeting with Squirrel, Deathstroke decides to go back and help the three pickpockets. He knows the mob is going to return to kill them, and although they tried to steal his stuff, Slade doesn't feel that these kids deserve death. He returns to the pickpockets' hideout and fights the mafia thugs once again. The battle takes its toll on Deathstroke though and he grows weaker and weaker. While escaping into the sewers, Deathstroke collapses.
Meanwhile, the Titans meet back up at Dayton Estates. Starfire enters the living room, but something appears to be amiss. Frantic, she tells the others that she has been chained up in a tenement building for days. If this is true, then who was the Starfire that had been accompanying Dick Grayson all this time?
- This issue is Chapter One of the "Total Chaos" saga.
- The license plate on the car on this issue's cover is identified as 1ZE-CK1 after artist Mike Zeck.
- The two police officers, Bud and Lou, may have been named after Vaudeville comedians Bud Abbott and Lou Costello.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Deathstroke the Terminator Vol 1 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Deathstroke the Terminator series
- Images from Deathstroke the Terminator Vol 1 14
Links and References
- No external links.
This comic issue is a part of the "Total Chaos" crossover event that ran through alternating issues of New Titans, Team Titans and Deathstroke the Terminator in 1992. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Total Chaos" category.