Lady Decadence first appeared when her lover, Lord Defile chose Stormwatch's latest incarnation, Post Human Division, as his next target. She helped lead the assault on the 18th Precinct police station where P.H.D. member John Doran was stationed. Decadence took control and possession of Black Betty, but was soon instead taken control by her host who had previous experiences with possessions from demons, angels and other entities. After P.H.D. and the other policemen of the Precinct foiled Lord Defile's assault, Lady Decadence fled with her lover.
After Armageddon, she and Lord Defile, along with a horde of Daemonites, entered Los Angeles because it had become habitable for their kind. Their presence brought them into conflict with the Wildcats, who station there to protect the city's survivors. Decadence took control of Nemesis and fought Zealot before leaving her host before a tentative truce was established between the Daemonites and the Wildcats. Decadence later participated in the assault on the defenseless Halo Building and arduously fought Ladytron. After the Wildcats' return along with an enraged Majestic, Decadence and Lord Defile were swept into the dimension of Otherspace by Spartan shortly moments before the Halo Building was destroy in a massive explosion. However, the High Lords survived their ordeal and later regroup a new Cabal, in which Decadence goes along with Defile's plan in creating Daemonite/Vampire hybrids against the Daemonite High Council.
The Cabal's attempt to creating the hybrids attracted the attention of Wetworks. During the battle, the hybrid was killed in which its toxic blood spilled on Lady Decadence, causing harm unto her. She was carried out and escaped with the Cabal.
- Daemonite Physiology: The following represents the potential alien abilities available to the average Daemonite while operating on Earth. Even if demonstration of such abilities has not been explicitly shown in a canonical resource. The higher the status of the Daemonite the stronger their abilities are. Training and practice of their abilities allow them to break the cap of their abilities. Variations of these powers may apply depending upon the wielder in question.
- Accelerated Healing: If a Daemonite is ever harmed it can heal indefinitely while it's brain still survives. Daemonites have been seen losing their limbs, internal organs and portions of their brains while still surviving. It also seems that Daemonites heal more quickly while resting within a host body.
- Chronokinesis Most Daemonites possess a degree of time manipulation however the exact limits of this ability are unknown.
- Claws: Daemonites have long, dangerous claws on each hand and foot which they use within combat and to help break the mental barrier of their host bodies. They can also expose these claws while within their host body to allow for stronger attacks.
- Fangs: Daemonites have long, dangerous fangs in their mouths which they use to rend and tear at targets. Their fangs can help them breach the mental barriers of their hosts. Some Daemonites use long tendrils instead of fangs for the same effects.
- Immortality: Daemonites have survived for countless years within and without a host body. It is assumed by scientists and enemies of the Daemonites that they are immortal; however, this may only be the case in mental form. As such Daemonites can in fact live forever if only while within a host body. Without a body it can still survive at least a million years.
- Metamorphosis: Only the strongest of Daemonites can shape-shift. Only the strongest of those Daemonites can change into inorganic material. A Daemonite can shape-shift even while possessing a host body but they'll normally revert quite quickly. Only one Daemonite has been seen shifting his body parts into inorganic material but the possibility remains for all Daemonites.
- Phasing: Daemonites have a degree of intangibility allowing them to phase through solid objects as they do when they take possession of a host body. They can continue to phase even while within their host body. Their phasing isn't automatic and they must concentrate to hold their form.
- Possession: Daemonites are parasitic beings that not only take complete control over another being's body but inhabits their mind as well. They feed on the nutrients and physiology of the host body until the body is destroyed or the Daemonite abandons it. Normally, possession causes no harm to the physical body but the process changes frequently. The stronger the Daemonite the easier the transition. Occasionally, the Daemonite can leave the host body violently and destroy the body.
- Superhuman Durability: A Daemonite's body is more durable than that of a human while on Earth. While some Daemonites cannot survive a bullet to the head which removes their brain functions others can take multiple bullets to their body without harm. Physical training can increase a Daemonite's durability.
- Superhuman Speed: A Daemonite's body is faster than that of a human while on Earth. Either while within a human host or not they exhibit incredible amounts of speed which can carry them to speeds that match that of most street cars while their physical capabilities of speed while in combat also increase past human levels.
This also confers:
- Superhuman Strength: A Daemonite's body is stronger than that of a human while on Earth. When a Daemonite must they will resort to physical combat and exhibit their strength enough to roll over cars or rip off a door to a plane. A Daemonite's strength is determined by their physical capability and some Daemonites may not be as strong as others.
- Telepathy: Daemonites are not only physical beings that take possession of host bodies but they manipulate the mental effects of the beings as well. Not limited to only understanding the thoughts of each other or their hosts they can extend this ability to a wide range and even track targets by their mental signature. Most Daemonites are connected by a central mind which they do not need to focus to maintain.
- 13 Appearances of Decadence (Wildstorm Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Decadence (Wildstorm Universe)
- Quotations by or about Decadence (Wildstorm Universe)
- Character Gallery: Decadence (Wildstorm Universe)