Derek Ames was a con man employed by the crimelady known as Starfire. Starfire used him to seduce and fleece naïve rich women in order to raise enough money to carry forward her plans to take over the world.
Starfire needed to get rid of all super-heroes first, so a scientist on her payroll conconcted a power-removing pill, and Starfire gave Derek orders to get Supergirl swallow it. In order to get close to the Girl of Steel, Derek romanced her. Supergirl was smitten over Derek but broke up with him. Before that, Derek managed to put the capsule in one of her drinks. When several crooks hired by Starfire shot and hurt Supergirl, Derek thought he had succeeded and left her for dead (in reality she was only temporarily depowered).
Derek returned to Starfire's headquarters for his payment. Starfire gave him his reward and asked what he was going to do with all that money. When he answered he would spend his reward on women, drinking and partying, Starfire decided he was a liability and got him murdered, lest he talked about her and her plans while hammered.
- This version of Derek Ames, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Derek Ames (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Derek Ames (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Derek Ames (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Derek Ames (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."