- Imagine fire ants underneath your skin, stinging without stop. Imagine molten plastic injected in your eyes, or battery acid flushing through your bloodstream -- that's what it's like to be the Corrosive Man.
- -- Derek Mitchell src
Derek Mitchell was a Gotham City hired assassin, who worked in association with Mortimer Kadaver. Mitchell was eventually double-crossed by Kadaver and he was arrested by the police and sentenced to a lifetime in prison. Two years later, Mitchell broke out and went looking for Kadaver, but was forced to hide from the Gotham City Police Department in a hazardous waste disposal chamber during a thunderstorm. When lightning struck the place, the chemicals exploded, engulfing and transforming Mitchell into the Corrosive Man. Thanks to his new lethal touch, Corrosive Man could easily find Kadaver and attempted to murder him, but he was promptly stopped by Batman. After the encounter, Mitchell was presumed dead, although he survived.
Mitchell was taken as a prisoner and subject of investigation to S.T.A.R. Labs, but he eventually escaped from his special containment cell and sought revenge against Kadaver. Batman (Jean-Paul Valley) and Joe Public learned of Mitchell's escape and they stopped him as he was about to destroy the entire hospital where Kadaver was being treated. The Corrosive Man was then taken back into custody of S.T.A.R. Labs.
- Power Limitation: Powers become ineffective with alkaline.
- 7 Appearances of Derek Mitchell (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Derek Mitchell (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Derek Mitchell (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Derek Mitchell (New Earth)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."