Appearing in "Questions Multiply the Mystery"
Synopsis for "Questions Multiply the Mystery"
The Riddler, occupying an observation room at Arkham Asylum, expresses his annoyance with the inept psychiatrists' repeated attempts to pierce his psyche, and decides to give them what they want: the story of his life, how he became a criminal, and why he repeatedly opposes Batman.
A brief peek into Edward's past reveals that he was a "nobody" as a child, ignored by even the playground bullies at his school. Hungry for attention (especially with ignorant, unloving parents), the young Edward began his "career" in the sixth grade by cheating at a solve-the-puzzle contest - by sneaking into the school the night before the contest, he was able to practice solving said puzzle, and easily solved it within a minute when the contest came. Edward's fame proved to be fleeting, however, and the young boy realized that to keep the attention he so craved, he had to turn to his true talent: cheating.
After leaving school, Edward became a deliveryman, a profession which he equates to being in "Hell".
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Four of a Kind trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Annual Vol 1 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics Annual series
- Images from Detective Comics Annual Vol 1 8
- Batman: Run, Riddler, Run
- Secret Origins Special #1
- Batman Annual #19
- Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #5
- Shadow of the Bat Annual #3
Links and References
|Year One Annual |
This issue was part of the 1995 Year One Annuals crossover event, in which every annual was an origin story. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Annuals and Year One Annuals category.