Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "When Batman Was Robin"
- Arthur Mellon (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
- Bellew (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
- Gerritt (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
- Van Marden (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "When Batman Was Robin"
When the late detective Harvey Harris has an old Robin costume sent to the Wayne estate, the modern Robin first learns of how a teenaged Bruce Wayne created the costume and identity of Robin to secretly become the apprentice of Harris and learn the art of detection.
Appearing in "Roy Raymond - Super Athlete"
- Karen Duncan
- Judson Crane (Single appearance)
- Hank Martin (Single appearance)
- Booneville College
Synopsis for "Roy Raymond - Super Athlete"
Appearing in "The Case of the Magic Baseball"
- Lt. Saunders
- Brad Devon (Single appearance)
- Trigger Tom Taylor (Single appearance)
- Big Bob Michaels (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Case of the Magic Baseball"
Baseball pitcher Big Bob Michaels had a prison sentence in his past. Gangster Brad Devon has bet a large amount of money on the team Michaels is pitching against, and warns the ex-con that if he wins, his criminal past will be publicly revealed. Lt. Saunders asks John Jones to keep an eye on the pitcher. Learning of the extortion plot, Jones uses his Martian mind-over-matter powers to help Michaels win the game. Then, when Devon and his men try to rub out Michaels, Jones is on hand to capture them.
- "When Batman Was Robin" is reprinted in Batman Annual #2.
- "The Case of the Magic Baseball" is reprinted in World's Finest #176, World's Finest #226, and Showcase Presents: Martian Manhunter.
- This issue contains a "Casey the Cop" humor strip by Henry Boltinoff.
- This issue contains a two-page Jack Miller text story called "Sleuth on the Sawdust Trail".
- Batman appeared last in Batman #96. He appears next in Detective Comics #227.
- Alfred Pennyworth appeared last in Detective Comics #225. He appears next in World's Finest #80.
- Robin appeared last in Batman #96. He appears next in Detective Comics #227.
- The Martian Manhunter demonstrates the ability to see into the future in this issue. This is not one of his commonly accepted Martian talents and is rarely revisited. In modern continuity, J'onn does not possess this power.
- The Batman story from this issue is re-imagined in Untold Legend of the Batman #1.
- The Martian Manhunter's first name is mis-spelled J'onz in this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 226 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Detective Comics
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 1)
- World's Finest Comics
Links and References
- Detective Comics article at Wikipedia
- Detective Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Detective Comics series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Batman article at Wikipedia
- Batman (Silver Age) biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe