Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The New-Model Batman": When scientist Wallace Waley is released from prison, he unveils his new anti-Batman inventions to the underworld. He sells the new devices to mobsters which allow their gangs to escape from Batman. To combat the crooks' new tactics [[Bruce Way
Appearing in "The New-Model Batman"
- Wallace Waley (Single appearance)
- Various Gotham City Crime Bosses (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
- Bat-Track (Caterpillar Treaded Armored Batmobile) (Single appearance)
- Airplane carrying a load of platinum
- Batman's Aerodyne (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The New-Model Batman"
When scientist Wallace Waley is released from prison, he unveils his new anti-Batman inventions to the underworld. He sells the new devices to mobsters which allow their gangs to escape from Batman. To combat the crooks' new tactics Batman develops a new Bat-Signal, a new Batmobile, and other new crime fighting methods. Batman apprehends the various mobs, but Waley himself keeps one anti-Batman device in reserve. He uses a trick in an attempt to expose Batman's secret identity. However, Batman outwits the scientist's plan, then arrests him.
Appearing in "The Great Earth-Mars Mystery"
- Martian Canal Raiders
- A Harbor Thief
- J'onn J'onzz's parents
- Interplanetary View Beam
- Martian Tanker Ship
- Earth Tanker Ship
- Criminal's Mini-sub
Synopsis for "The Great Earth-Mars Mystery"
After failing to capture a criminal who disappears underwater, John Jones returns home to work on contacting Mars. He finally achieves communication, be briefly contacting his parents. They tell him about some criminals on Mars using similar tactics of escape. J'onn solves both crimes by deducing the crooks are attaching themselves to the underside of boats in the harbor. As detective Jones, J'onn proves his theory correct and captures the Earth criminal.
Appearing in "The Magic Tablecloth"
- Johann Hinkle (Single appearance)
- Mama Hinkle (Johann's wife) (Single appearance)
- Unnamed man auditioning for TV show
- Hinkle Home
- TV Studio
- Intricate Designed Tablecloth
- Cane that casts shadow image of Napoleon Bonaparte
- Trick paper that doesn't burn
Synopsis for "The Magic Tablecloth"
An elderly man named Johann Hinkle, desiring to be on Roy Raymond's TV show, "Impossible... But True" creates a magic tablecloth act which acts as a horn of plenty, the bowl & pitcher on the table never going empty even as food & drink are removed from them. Roy realizes how the trick is done (food and wine being pumped into the containers by means of pumps hidden in the table legs) but books them on the show anyway in order to surprise Hinkle by revealing that the table cloth itself is the amazing feature, being created with 100,000 stitches to make all the signs of the zodiac. Roy even manages to find a buyer for the tablecloth willing to pay Hinkle $5,000 for it.
- "The Great Earth-Mars Mystery" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Martian Manhunter Vol 1
- "The Magic Tablecloth" is reprinted in World's Finest #158
- The first use in of an oil-slick from a car as a defense in a get-away is used in the Batman story in this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 236 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.