- They'll find no gold at the end of this rainbow... only prison.
Appearing in "The Rainbow Batman"
- Various Unnamed Thieves (Single appearance)
- A Young Girl (Single appearance)
- Marion Marley (Movie Star) (Single appearance)
- Several Marksmen in a Competition (Single appearance)
- King of Zoronia (Cameo) (Single appearance)
- Various Colored Batman Costumes
- TV Camera
- Thieves' Getaway Car
- Various Cars in a Parade
- Truck Carrying Explosives
- Passenger Plane
- A Massive Passenger Ship
Synopsis for "The Rainbow Batman"
Dick Grayson saves a girls life during a robbery. In the process, he injures his arm. He does see the crooks and can identify them later. As he searches for the crooks as Robin, Batman wears several different colored costumes. Eventually Robin spots the thieves, allowing Batman to apprehend them. Afterward, Batman goes back to his old costume. He wore the special ones to draw attention to himself and away from Robin, as people might realize Robin had an injured arm like Dick Grayson’s.
Appearing in "The Man Who Couldn't Touch Ground"
- Karen Duncan
- Unnamed Kidnappers (Single appearance)
- Unnamed Studio Employee (Single appearance)
- Police Commissioner Jameson (Single appearance)
- Police Sketch Artist (Single appearance)
- Drive-In Movie
- Strap-On Flying Device
- Karen Duncan's Car
Synopsis for "The Man Who Couldn't Touch Ground"
Karen Duncan, Roy Raymond's assistant, discovers Roy flying about the TV studio with a flying apparatus. He informs Karen that one of the people auditioning for his show, "Impossible... But True!", has irradiated him with cosmic rays and that if he steps on the ground he will die. Karen eventually discovers it is not actually Roy, but a look-a-like of her boss, in order to cover up the fact that the real Roy had been kidnapped in order to force him to reveal the location of some hidden art treasures. The police are called in and Roy is rescued and the kidnappers are hauled off to jail.
Appearing in "The Impossible Manhunt!"
- Jasper Craig (Single appearance)
- Roger Jones (Single appearance)
- Sam Jones (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
- Art Gallery
- Museum of Ships
- Various Old Style Ships
Synopsis for "The Impossible Manhunt!"
An arsonist begins targeting businesses owned by men named Jones. To catch the thief, detective John Jones opens an art gallery. When the thief strikes, J'onn is waiting for him. The crook eludes J'onn, but the Martian Manhunter trails him to a ship museum. He apprehends the man, who is identified as Jasper Craig. Craig claims to have planted a fire bomb on one of the ships. J'onn uses his martian vision to locate the bomb, then he disposes of it.
- "The Rainbow Batman" is reprinted in Batman #182
- "The Impossible Manhunt!" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Martian Manhunter #1
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 241 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
Links and References
- No external links.