"The Wizard of 1,000 Menaces": Batman and Robin battle the genius criminal, Professor Hugo, who increased his intellect using one of his inventions. However, his super intelligence also caused his head to bec
Appearing in "The Wizard of 1,000 Menaces"
- Professor Arnold Hugo (First appearance)
- Members of the Gotham Historical Society (Single appearance)
- District Attorney Barnes (Single appearance)
- Lancelot Wayne (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Wizard of 1,000 Menaces"
Batman and Robin battle the genius criminal, Professor Hugo, who increased his intellect using one of his inventions. However, his super intelligence also caused his head to become larger than normal. Hugo uses invisible robots to capture Batman and Robin and he intends to create an artificial moon in space, all this as part of his evil scheme to get revenge for not being acknowledged as a descendant from a very important historical figure. Although Hugo manages to capture the heroes and place them in a deadly trap, the Dynamic Duo find a way out of their predicament and they stop the mad scientist, who is then arrested and placed in prison.
Appearing in "The Last Days of J'onn J'onzz"
- unnamed crooks (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Last Days of J'onn J'onzz"
A gang of animal-shaped robots, directed by hoodlums concealed inside, ravage Middletown with robberies. When John Jones becomes the Martian Manhunter to combat them, he finds his powers mysteriously sapped. J’onzz has Diane Meade drive him to the source of his weakness, which turns out to be a crashed meteorite. Nothing the Martian can do staunches the power-sapping rays of the meteorite, and, the next time he assumes his J’onzz identity, he is so weakened that he realizes he must remain as John Jones, or die. The master of the criminal “animals” makes a mass raid on Middletown, feeling himself safe from attack by the Martian. But Jones learns that the meteorite has burned itself out. Thus, he safely becomes J’onn J’onzz again, and defeats the crooks.
- "The Last Days of J'onn J'onzz" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Martian Manhunter Vol 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 306 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 306
Links and References
- No external links.