Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Jungle Man of Gotham City": A gangster tricks a jungle man into thinking that Batman is his enemy, and brings him to Gotham to use his skills and the animals he commands against the Caped Crusader. With help from Commissioner Gordon,
Appearing in "The Jungle Man of Gotham City"
- Eli Mattock (Single appearance)
- Tommy Young (Jungle Man) (Single appearance)
- Edgar Young (Tommy's Father) (Single appearance)
- Mrs. Young (Tommy's Mother) (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Jungle Man of Gotham City"
A gangster tricks a jungle man into thinking that Batman is his enemy, and brings him to Gotham to use his skills and the animals he commands against the Caped Crusader. With help from Commissioner Gordon, Batman and Robin discover that a married couple from Gotham City lost their kid in the jungle fifteen years ago and that the jungle man could easily be that kid. After a quick verification, Batman confirms the truth and he uses some of the jungle's man childhood memories in order to stop his attacks. The jungle man recognizes Batman as a friend and he turns against the crooks who used him, sending them to prison. Afterwards, the jungle man returns to his home and he tries to fit back into society.
Appearing in "The Man of 1,000 Disguises"
- Porto (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Man of 1,000 Disguises"
After J’onn J’onzz and Zook fail to capture a “human fly” bandit, John Jones’s attention is drawn by Diane Meade to Porto, a “man of 1,000 disguises” who is performing, among other things, a human fly as part of his repertoire. Jones and Diane take Zook to the performance, and Zook’s antennae indicate that Porto and the bandit are the same man. J’onn J’onzz captures Porto, and, when the latter refuses to reveal where the rest of his gang is, assumes Porto’s identity with chameleon power and hides the disguise artist away. J’onzz whips through Porto’s act onstage, using his chameleon powers to effect the disguises. But Porto himself escapes, contacts his gang, and takes them to the theater where J’onzz is performing, intending to kill him when he assumes a vulnerable human aspect. Zook rescues the Manhunter by melting the gang’s bullets before they can hit him, and J’onzz captures Porto and his gang.
- "The Man of 1,000 Disguises" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Martian Manhunter Vol 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 315 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.