"The Cat-Man Strikes Back": The Cat-Man returns to bedevil Gotham City, Batman and Robin with new crimes, based on famous fictional cats. After his first crime, Cat-Man saves [[Katherine Kane (Earth-One)
Appearing in "The Cat-Man Strikes Back"
- Catman (Apparent Death)
- Slim (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Cat-Man Strikes Back"
The Cat-Man returns to bedevil Gotham City, Batman and Robin with new crimes, based on famous fictional cats. After his first crime, Cat-Man saves Batwoman's life and tells her he'd like to have her as her partner, before leaving the crime scene. During Cat-Man's second crime, Batwoman makes a mistake that causes Batman and Robin to be unable to capture Cat-Man. Batman thinks that Batwoman did that on purpose to repay the criminal for saving her life and Batwoman decides to leave Batman and join Cat-Man.
On Cat-Man's secret hideout, the criminal provides Batwoman with a Cat-Woman costume, designed to match his own costume. Soon, the Dynamic Duo arrive at the location and Cat-Man realizes that he has been tricked by Batwoman, as she has guided the heroes to his hideout. Cat-Man manages to overpower them, but Batman soon summons Bat-Hound to help them. Cat-Man tries to escape with Batwoman as his hostage, but Batman chases him down and saves Batwoman. However, Cat-Man uses a boat to get away and he crashes his vehicle on a buoy, apparently dying. In the aftermath of the case, Batwoman decides to keep the Cat-Woman costume in her trophy room.
Appearing in "J'onn J'onzz's Enemy - Zook"
- Hank Waters (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "J'onn J'onzz's Enemy - Zook"
J’onn J’onzz is on the trail of the Hank Waters gang, but Zook finds them first, falls from a high tree limb while eavesdropping on them, and gets amnesia from the impact. Waters convinces Zook that he and his gang are undercover agents, that the Martian Manhunter is a criminal, and that Zook, one of their agents, has worked his way into the Manhunter’s confidence. Accordingly, Zook frustrates J’onzz’s attempts to capture Waters, until the Martian locates the crook’s hideout and Waters stumbles over Zook in his rush to get out, causing the Manhunter’s pet to strike his head against the door. Zook regains his memory and helps J’onzz capture Waters.
- "J'onn J'onzz's Enemy - Zook" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Martian Manhunter Vol 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 318 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 318
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.