Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Fantastic Dr. No-Face": Doctor Paul Dent becomes a faceless criminal, after a serious accident with a machine he created in order to erase scars from skin tissue. Adoppting the alias of Dr. No-Face, he begins a crime spree whose motif is mutilating representations of faces. [[Bruce Wayne (E
Appearing in "The Fantastic Dr. No-Face"
- Dr. No-Face (Single appearance)
- Yates (Single appearance)
- Bobo Reed (Single appearance)
- Dr. Paul Dent (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Fantastic Dr. No-Face"
Doctor Paul Dent becomes a faceless criminal, after a serious accident with a machine he created in order to erase scars from skin tissue. Adoppting the alias of Dr. No-Face, he begins a crime spree whose motif is mutilating representations of faces. Batman and Robin capture him, not knowing that such is part of No-Face’s plan. However, after a quick investigation of the particular modus operandi, the Dynamic Duo learn that No Face is in fact the criminal known as Bart Regan, who was impersonating Dent during the experiment and after he lost his facial features, he decided to start the crime spree in order to frame Dent while he was exonerated. When his plan was finally revealed, Regan is taken to prison and Dent's name is cleared.
Appearing in "J'onn J'onzz - Wizard of 1463"
- the Black Duke (Single appearance)
- Prince Charles (Single appearance)
- Captain Louis Moray (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "J'onn J'onzz - Wizard of 1463"
While vacationing in France, John Jones explores a cave, passes through a time-warp within it, and emerges in the year 1463. There he rescues Captain Louis Moray from minions of the Black Duke, and learns that the Duke has captured Prince Charles, rightful ruler of the province, intent on usurping his throne. The Manhunter rescues Charles, then, assuming his form, rallies the people of the province, turns into his Martian form (which is branded a “wizard’s trick” by the populace) when the Duke’s men attack, and defeats them. When J’onzz resumes the prince’s human form again, the Duke strikes from hiding and renders him unconscious. J’onzz is imprisoned, unable to return to his Martian form thanks to torches burning in his cell, but the real prince and Captain Moray free him. He then resumes his Martian form and defeats the Duke and the rest of his men. Afterwards, J’onzz makes his way back through the time-warp to 1963 and seals the cavern.
- "J'onn J'onzz - Wizard of 1463" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Martian Manhunter Vol 2.
- This is the first issue in which Commissioner Gordon is featured with a full white mustache. It is probably a colouring mistake, but it also foreshadows the future depictions of the character.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 319 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.