"Batman: "The Fallen Idol of Gotham City!"": After a series of incidents where people would suddenly be attacked by everyone on the street, Batman and Robin deduce that all involved ate at the Golden Roost on the same day. Checking out
Appearing in Batman: "The Fallen Idol of Gotham City!"
- Foreign Spies
- Molney (Single appearance)
- "Mr. K" (Single appearance)
- Pete Dumont (Single appearance)
- Shorty Hawkins (Single appearance)
- Edgar Peters (Single appearance)
- F.B.I. Agents
- Gotham Mayor (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Batman: "The Fallen Idol of Gotham City!"
After a series of incidents where people would suddenly be attacked by everyone on the street, Batman and Robin deduce that all involved ate at the Golden Roost on the same day. Checking out the place as Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson go to investigate, but soon have to postpone their investigation after Commissioner Gordon summons them to catch some crooks who escaped from jail. When they find them, everyone present, including Robin, suddenly attacks Batman, wrecking his costume and forcing him to flee.
Soon everyone goes back to normal with no memory of what happened, when Batman returns to the Batcave, he finds Robin there who claims to have no memory of the events either. Deducing that it has something to do with the Golden Roost, they return there in disguise to continue their investigation. They then stumble upon a spy ring that is using some kind of chemical to make people attack each other. After shutting down the spy ring, Batman and Robin are congratulated by the mayor and sent a letter of thanks from the president.
Appearing in Elongated Man: "Desert Double-Cross!"
- Bill Hastings (Single appearance)
- Ed Mooney (Single appearance)
- Joe Trench (Single appearance)
- Molly Parker (Single appearance)
- John Parker (Single appearance)
- Unnamed Security Guards (Single appearance)
- the Dibny's Car
Synopsis for Elongated Man: "Desert Double-Cross!"
Ralph and Sue are driving through California near the Mojave Desert when their car breaks down. Fortunately they are near an isolated house and hope to use their phone to call a mechanic. To their surprise, a woman (Molly Parker) comes to the door and embraces them as family. She invites them in to meet their house guests but soon a gunman (Bill Hastings) arrives from a back room. He recognizes Ralph (as did Molly) as the Elongated Man and halts her deception - an attempt to get Ralph to help her and her father who are being held hostage while the criminals were planning a robbery at the nearby millionaire Mr. Banley's residence. But Elongated Man's presence simplifies things. Instead of trying to plan around the tightened security they were to encounter, Elongated Man's powers should overcome them easily. Hastings has his men watch over the hostages (now including Sue) while he and Elongated Man go to steal Mr. Banley's famous jewelry collection. In the car, Hastings warns Elongated Man not to try anything as his men have orders to kill the hostages if Hastings fails to reappear in an hour or if he fails to give a prearranged signal that everything is okay. Reluctantly Elongated Man breaks into the house but refuses to steal. He returns with a bag full of rocks and, when the deception is discovered, Elongated Man takes Hastings down and assumes his identity. Once he returns to the Parker residence, Elongated Man tries to distract the other criminals with the loot but they still demand the signal. Elongated Man manages to stretch quickly enough that he can intervene before they can respond. He succeeds in capturing the two criminals and prepares to call the police...and the car mechanic.
- "The Fallen Idol of Gotham City!" is reprinted inBatman: The Dynamic Duo Archives Vol 1 and Showcase Presents: Batman Vol 1.
- "Desert Double-Cross!" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Elongated Man Vol. 1.
- The criminals in "Desert Double-Cross" appear to have told all of their full names to their hostages prior to Elongated Man's arrival.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 330 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.