Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Batman: "The Strange Death of Batman!"": Gotham City is terrorized by the crimes of the Bouncer, a crook who Batman and Robin are unable to stop due to the nature of his bouncing powers. However the dynamic
Appearing in Batman: "The Strange Death of Batman!"
- Bouncer (First appearance)
- Gardner Fox
- Batman (Earth-Two) (Imaginary)
- Alfred Beagle (Earth-Two) (Imaginary)
- Justice League of America (Imaginary)
Synopsis for Batman: "The Strange Death of Batman!"
Gotham City is terrorized by the crimes of the Bouncer, a crook who Batman and Robin are unable to stop due to the nature of his bouncing powers. However the dynamic duo find a way to stop the Bouncer by freezing his elastic powers long enough for Batman to knock him out.
After this, Batman writer Gardner Fox takes a moment to take a look at an alternate ending to the story in which Batman is instead killed by the Bouncer. In this imaginary version, after mourning the loss of Batman and turning down aid from the Justice League of America to help capture the Bouncer, Robin manages to single-handedly defeat the foe. Afterwards, Robin is met in the Batcave by the Batman and Alfred from Earth-Two who had decided to come and join Robin after hearing of Earth-One Batman's death.
Appearing in Elongated Man: "The Man Who Hated Money!"
- unnamed bandits (Single appearance)
- Flip Philips (a disc jockey) (Single appearance)
- Rhoda Marr (actor) (Single appearance)
- August Clemens (actor) (Single appearance)
- Antoine Lemaire (a cafe owner) (Single appearance)
- Hannibal Holiday (an artist) (Single appearance)
- Silver City
- Four Corners Town
- the Dibny's car
Synopsis for Elongated Man: "The Man Who Hated Money!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This book was first published on November 25, 1965.
- "The Strange Death of Batman!" is reprinted in The Strange Deaths of Batman and Showcase Presents: Batman Vol 2.
- "The Man Who Hated Money!" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Elongated Man Vol. 1.
- A "Casey the Cop" humor strip is also found in this issue.
- Batman's death and the subsequent funeral is an imaginary "What-If?" scenario thought up by Gardner Fox and is not part of the Earth-One canon.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 347 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 347
Links and References
- No external links.