- Who's Green Lantern?
Appearing in "The Monarch of Menace!"
- The Monarch's unnamed son
- Monarch's Scepter
- Monarch's Crown
- Monarch's Gas-Ejecting Cape
Synopsis for "The Monarch of Menace!"
Batman recalls a crook named the Monarch of Menace whom he encountered early in his career. The villain eluded Batman and was never caught. Now years later, the Monarch of Menace is still gloating over his victory. However, his son has not lived up to his father's legacy. The boy decides to wear his dad's costume and prove himself against Batman.
On the boy's first time out he encounters Robin and is easily defeated. Batman analyzes the weapons built-in to the costume and devises counter measures for them. He then lures the real Monarch of Menace into the open. With his newly devised counters, Batman defeats his foe, and captures the man who got away.
Appearing in "Green Lantern's Blackout!"
- A gang of crooks (Single appearance)
- Green Lantern (flashback only)
- Pieface's Car
Synopsis for "Green Lantern's Blackout!"
The Elongated Man is contacted by Thomas Kalmaku, aka Pieface, to help his friend Green Lantern. Pieface tells Ralph GL's secret identity, then explains that Hal Jordan has lost his memory and forgotten that he is Green Lantern. Ralph and Tom drive to the Ferris hangar to meet Hal and interrupt a robbery along the way. Ralph and Tom then convince Hal to make his power ring appear visible. Hal orders the ring to explain his memory loss, and it explains that a gaseous nebula caused his partial amnesia. After Hal's memory is restored, GL uses his ring to remove the knowledge of his double identity from Ralph's mind. Ralph then attends a birthday party where his wife gives him a new costume.
- "The Monarch of Menace" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Batman Vol. 2 TPB
- "Green Lantern's Blackout!" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Elongated Man #1.
- "Green Lantern's Blackout!" occurs on Ralph's birthday (exactly one year after Detective Comics #332. This year, Sue gives Ralph his second costume, the red-blue one he is arguably best known for wearing. Ralph also learns Green Lantern Hal Jordan's secret identity in this issue but has Hal remove his memory of it since it prevented him from solving the mystery himself.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 350 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- No external links.