"Batman: "If the Coffin Fits -- Wear It!"": Batman has been plagued by the new criminal in town, Masquerader, whose gang always finds a way to destroy the Batsuit during their confrontations. When the criminal strikes again, Batman is
Appearing in Batman: "If the Coffin Fits -- Wear It!"
- Masquerader (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Batman: "If the Coffin Fits -- Wear It!"
Batman has been plagued by the new criminal in town, Masquerader, whose gang always finds a way to destroy the Batsuit during their confrontations. When the criminal strikes again, Batman is forced to use the last spare costume on his storage and it gets ripped as well. Unknown to Batman, the Masquerader has managed to find a label in a piece of his cape in which he finds the name and address of the tailor who makes the Batman costumes.
Meanwhile, Batman is forced to call Sam Tweed and ask him to make another Batsuit for him and the man informs Batman that he already has one ready. Robin picks the costume and takes it back to the Batcave, but as they open the box, they find a Masquerader costume along with the Batsuit. Fearing the worse, Batman calls Sam and hears how the Masquerader shoots the innocent man.
Batman and Robin go to Sam's place and find the man barely alive as a couple of orderlies arrive at that moment and take Sam to a nearby hospital. Batman gets on the track of the Masquerader and finds him on an abandoned place, where they start fighting under a special light. Batman becomes unable to preform to his maximum capacity and the Masquerader reveals himself as Sam Tweed, the tailor. He faked everything in order to lure Batman under the infra-red light trap he prepared. This light causes the special Batsuit he made to become stiff and tight with red light, making Batman unable to break free. However, the Dark Knight uses one of his laser gadgets on his Utility Belt to activate the water sprinklers and restore the suit's original condition before he finally takes the Masquerader down.
Appearing in Robin: "Countdown to Chaos!"
- Craig Rockland
- Sandy Cole (First appearance)
- The Skyline Bulldogs (a rival football team) (First appearance)
- Gotham High Titans
- School Board Negotiator (First appearance)
- Gotham City
- Gotham High School
- Gotham High School
Synopsis for Robin: "Countdown to Chaos!"
Dick Grayson covers the news developing at the Gotham High School and he prepares to go out on a date with Sandy Cole, the editor of the High School Newspaper. During the date however, they are attacked by students part of the Skyline Bulldogs sport team. Robin manages to defeat the attackers, but their leader escapes.
The next day, the negotiations over problems in the Gotham high school system are torn apart as a pressured head negotiator announces that they have broken down, and Robin realizes that this will cause a teachers’ strike.
- This book was first published on June 26, 1969.
- "If the Coffin Fits -- Wear It!" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Batman Vol 4.
- "Countdown to Chaos!" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Robin, the Boy Wonder Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 390 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 390
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.