"Death Comes to a Small Locked Room!": After losing an exhibition match to Batman, martial artist Khan vows to take revenge by killing Commissioner Gordon. However, a month later after his defeat, Khan's dojo is destroyed in a deadly explo
Appearing in "Death Comes to a Small Locked Room!"
- Khan (Single appearance)
- Great Dilbert (Only appearance; dies)
- Arthur Reeves (First appearance)
- Joe Brunner (an ex-con) (Single appearance)
- Batman's Sports Car
Synopsis for "Death Comes to a Small Locked Room!"
After losing an exhibition match to Batman, martial artist Khan vows to take revenge by killing Commissioner Gordon. However, a month later after his defeat, Khan's dojo is destroyed in a deadly explosion and he is apparently killed.
Afterwards, Batman and Commissioner Gordon are invited to a magic show, where someone threatens Gordon's life and promises to kill him at midnight. The lights suddenly go out and in the confusion nobody is able to see where did the magician went. Fearing for Gordon's life, the Gotham City Police Department place him in a safe bunker beneath the GCPD Headquarters along with Arthur Reeves, a member of the GCPD, known for his aversion for Batman. When Batman proves that the security in that place could not protect Gordon, Reeves has to concede Batman a point. Furthermore, Reeves has to follow Batman's plan, when the Dark Knight unmasks Gordon as a phony and everyone realizes that the real Gordon is missing.
Batman deduces that Khan is somehow still alive and that he is behind the kidnapping of Commissioner Gordon. Going back to the ruins of Khan's dojo, Batman finds the martial artist and he has indeed faked his death and kidnapped Gordon. Batman confronts Kahn and challenges him to one last duel, which he wins without much effort, teaching Kahn a valuable lesson.
Appearing in "Panic By Moonglow"
- Tovarisch Zukov (Final appearance; Dies)
- Herb Stroud (Dick's classmate) (Final appearance)
- Dr. Wells (a NASA physicist) (Final appearance)
Synopsis for "Panic By Moonglow"
When Robin recovers from the sudden attack, he discovers that the “moon rock plague” is really an invention of Prof. Zukov, who is in league with a Communist spy ring. Trying to warn the authorities about this information, Robin confronts Zukov's thugs and he manages to defeat them in the campus of Hudson University. After the whole scheme is revealed, Robin finds a cure for his friend and the thugs are captured.
- "Panic By Moonglow" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Robin, the Boy Wonder Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 399 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 399
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.