"Batman: "Slow Down -- and Die!"": Captain Stingaree, a sword-wielding villain, becomes convinced Batman is really portrayed collectively by the Courtney triplets, a team of private investigators and prepares a complex plan to capture the
Appearing in Batman: "Slow Down -- and Die!"
- Captain Stingaree (First appearance)
- Michael Courtney (First appearance)
- Barbi Brendan (Single appearance)
- Bat Beeper
Synopsis for Batman: "Slow Down -- and Die!"
Captain Stingaree, a sword-wielding villain, becomes convinced Batman is really portrayed collectively by the Courtney triplets, a team of private investigators and prepares a complex plan to capture them.
In order to capture the first victim, Stingaree places a bomb inside Commissioner Gordon's vehicle. The bomb would be triggered if Gordon slows the car below the 50mph or if he unbuckles the seat belt. Gordon has no choice but to contact Batman with the Bat Beeper.
Bruce Wayne is forced to leave a fancy place and switches into Batman before joining Alfred in the Batmobile and they catch up with Commissioner Gordon on the freeway. Batman jumps to Gordon's car and removes the bomb from under the hood. However, as Gordon stops the car, Batman is tossed off the road and Captain Stingaree arrives to take the hero to his hideout.
Disguised as a paramedic in an ambulance, Stingaree captures Batman, who fights for a moment and causes a major anesthesic gas leak that knocks them both unconscious. When Stingaree recovers his conscience, he realizes that Batman is still out cold and after taking the man to his hideout, Stingaree realizes his hunch is right when "Batman" proves to be Michael Courtney.
Appearing in Tim Trench: "The Cold-Fire Caper!"
- Lippy Louie (Only appearance; dies)
- Velma Grayle (Single appearance)
- Lt. Komb (Single appearance)
- Sadie (First appearance)
- Twin Magnum Guns
Synopsis for Tim Trench: "The Cold-Fire Caper!"
Tim Trench is assigned by a beautiful woman to find a stolen ruby that turns out not to be stolen after all.
- "Slow Down -- and Die!" begins a three-part story-arc which continues in issues Detective Comics #461 and #462.
- Batman appeared last in Batman #278.
- Tim Trench appeared last in Wonder Woman #182.
- Commissioner Jim Gordon had a bomb set in his car that would explode if he went below 50 mph. 18 years later, the movie Speed debuts in theaters. Coincidence? ...Yes.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 460 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.