"The Joker's Rumpus Room Revenge!": After escaping from Arkham Asylum, Joker murders an elder toymaker, who designed several deadly toys under Joker's instructions. When the Gotham City Police Department find the dead man, [[James Gordon (Earth-One)|Commissioner Gor
- Drat! If Papetto weren't already dead-- I'd kill him for this!
- -- Joker
Appearing in "The Joker's Rumpus Room Revenge!"
- The Joker
- Donald (Single appearance)
- Horace (Single appearance)
- Mickey (Single appearance)
- Papetto (Only appearance; dies)
- Olivia Ortega (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Joker's Rumpus Room Revenge!"
After escaping from Arkham Asylum, Joker murders an elder toymaker, who designed several deadly toys under Joker's instructions. When the Gotham City Police Department find the dead man, Commissioner Gordon summons Batman to assist on the investigation, but the Dark Knight's presence is not welcome by Mayoral Candidate, Arthur Reeves, who is supported by the new upstart reporter in town Olivia Ortega.
Batman disregards any comments from Reeves and Ortega and takes evidence that will help his investiagion later. The next day, Bruce Wayne attends a famous exhibition of a very expensive train model and he is forced to switch to his Batman gear when Joker shows up and steals the model. Batman tries to capture Joker, but the madman gives him the slip.
Going to the Batcave II, Batman finds enough evidence that helps him locate Joker's secret hideout. Batman makes haste to the location and after taking down a couple of Joker's henchmen, he gets inside one of the toys crates that the thugs taking inside Joker's hideout. Once inside the abandoned ice-cream factory, Batman comes out of the crate, but he finds himself trapped in a room full of deadly toys. The Joker announces that this was his plan all along and that Batman has no choice but to fight the toys until death. After a long struggle, Batman uses the toys against each other and stops the threat before going after Joker. The madman attempts to escape, but Batman drops a vat of ice-cream on top of the Joker, capturing the crazed maniac and stopping his mad scheme.
Appearing in "A Day in the Life of a Cop"
- Sunshine (Single appearance)
- Dave Larsen (Only appearance; dies)
- Jake (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "A Day in the Life of a Cop"
During a planned raid to a drug laboratory, Commissioner Gordon is unable to find the required evidence and he suspects that Lt. Larsen has allied himself with the criminals and warned them about the raid. Following his instincts, Gordon investgates Larsen and the crooked officer tries to make ammends by capturing his criminal associates. Unfortunately, the crooks outnumber Gordon and Larsen and tie them up in a building with a bomb.
When Gordon breaks free, he helps Larsen out and Gordon warns the people of the building to evacuate. In the meantime, Larsen seeks protection in the basement, but instead he finds the bomb left by the crooks. Larsen tries to toss the bomb through a window, but his aim fails and he is killed in the explosion.
In the aftermath, Gordon tells the press that Lt. Larsed died in the line of duty and he says nothing more.
- This book was first published on April 20, 1981.
- This is the last issue of Detective Comics edited by Paul Levitz. The next editor of the series and all the Batman titles is Dick Giordano.
- Besides the elder toymaker, Joker's victims in this story are not confirmed to have been killed by his attack on the exhibition.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 504 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Killing Joke
- Batman: The Man Who Laughs
- Batman: Lovers and Madmen
- Batman: A Death in the Family
- Joker: Devil's Advocate
- Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
- The Joker's Last Laugh
- Superman: Emperor Joker
- Superman/Batman: With a Vengeance!
- The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told
- Joker (Graphic Novel)
Links and References
- No external links.