"The Academy of Crime, Part I: College for Killers": In Hollywood, California; a man only known as Headmaster is the leader of the Academy of Crime, where people learns to organize their crimes and create elaborate tactics to succeed.
Appearing in "The Academy of Crime, Part I: College for Killers"
- Academy of Crime (First appearance)
- Headmaster (First appearance)
- Bruno (Only appearance; dies)
- Jocko (Single appearance)
- Ragbag (Single appearance)
- Rawson (First appearance)
- Lamelle (First appearance)
- Mirage (In a photograph only)
- The Monk (1st Earth-One Appearance)(Cameo)
Synopsis for "The Academy of Crime, Part I: College for Killers"
When Batman gets word about the "Academy of Crime", he gets ready for a trip to the West in order to learn more about it and he uses his old disguise of Matches Malone to meet with the Headmaster.
While Batman is away, Dick Grayson seeks the truth behind Dala's cold attitude towards him and he follows her as Robin to an ancient house located in the middle of nowhere. Curious about what could she be doing in such a place, Robin sneaks inside the house, only to be knocked unconscious by a hooded figure.
Appearing in "In the Coils of the Serpent!"
Synopsis for "In the Coils of the Serpent!"
While looking for clues about the recent "vampire murders", Batgirl clashes with Lady Viper. The monster traps Batgirl and gets ready to eliminate her, when Batgirl asks the she-demon to tell her about her origins.
Lady Viper tells Batgirl that all her life she was fascinated with snakes and reptiles and that passion continued in adulthood. Unfortunately, she had no real job and started working as a sideshow freak to earn some money as the "Snake Woman". However, due to her passion for snakes, she started collecting items and statues related to snakes and once of these ancient artifacts transformed him into Lady Viper.
After listening to her story, Batgirl uses the weapons in her Utility Belt to escape from Lady Viper's grip, although the she-demon managed to bite Batgirl in the neck. As the two adversaries part ways, Batgirl falls into a deep slumber.
- This book was first published on March 25, 1982.
- The events of "College for Killers" takes place after Batman #348 and the story continues in Batman #349.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 515 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 515
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes