"Batman: "Avatars of Vengeance"": Robert Langstrom has been working himself too hard back at his old job at the Gotham Natural History Museum. His drive has been so strong that Langstrom forgot to take the antidote that prevents him from changing into Man-Bat
Appearing in Batman: "Avatars of Vengeance"
- Genevra (Single appearance)
- Mayor Hill
- Gotham City
Synopsis for Batman: "Avatars of Vengeance"
Robert Langstrom has been working himself too hard back at his old job at the Gotham Natural History Museum. His drive has been so strong that Langstrom forgot to take the antidote that prevents him from changing into Man-Bat. For this reason, Langstrom once again turns into Man-Bat, and his madness returns, believing that all his problems are caused by Batman.
Meanwhile, Commissioner Gordon has not being able to locate the body of Savage Skull and Mayor Hill is giving Gordon a hard time for the lack of results. Noting Gordon's declining health, Hill decides to give Gordon and assistant, a person who will make things worse for the Police Commissioner.
At Wayne Manor, Jason Todd asks Bruce to go out to see a movie at night and unable to deny the kid such request, Bruce is forced to cancel a date with Vicki Vale, who is not too happy about the situation.
At night, Bruce and Jason prepare to go out, but Man-Bat has returned to the Batcave, the same place where he last confronted Batman. Making his way to Wayne Manor, Man-Bat strikes and Bruce goes into action as Batman. The struggle is taken back to the Batcave and Jason follows them, hoping to help in any way. When Man-Bat gets the upper hand on the fight, Jason attacks the monster, saying something about his "father". Man-Bat realizes that there is a connection between Batman and the kid, and he kidnaps the boy to make Batman suffer in the same way as he had suffered after the loss of his daughter. Batman realizes that Man-Bat has lost his mind once again, but the kidnapping of Jason makes him lose his temper and vows to find and kill Man-Bat once and for all.
Appearing in Green Arrow: "Getting Up"
- Ozone (First appearance)
- Rick O'Conner
Synopsis for Green Arrow: "Getting Up"
Ozone, a graffiti artist and super-villain, employs super-high pressure aerosol cans in his crimes. But he accidentally takes an aerosol can loaded with botulinus poison, unknown to him. Green Arrow tries to capture Ozone during a robbery at a men’s magazine office, but gets thrown a can of spray which propels him through a window 30 stories above the ground.
- "Avatars of Vengeance" takes place after the events of Batman #360 and the story continues in Batman #361.
- This issue marks the change of name of the letters page. The previous title was "Batcave" and the new name is "Detective Comments". This name became the definitive title and it was used until the removal of the letter pages in the early 2000s.
- This issue also marks the beginning of Doug Moench's run as Batman's writer in Detective Comics. His actual debut was in Batman #360.
- The cover of this issue is Gene Day's last contribution to the comic book industry, prior to his untimely death.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 527 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- No external links.