"Brambles": During morning in Gotham City, several executives from Wayne Enterprises leave the Wayne Foundation building under the hypnosis created by Poison Ivy. At that moment at the GCPD Headquarters, [[James Gordon (Earth-One)|Commissioner Gordon]
Appearing in "Brambles"
- Poison Ivy
- Mr. Lignier (Final appearance)
- Unnamed Wayne Foundation Executives (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
- Giant Joker Card (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Brambles"
During morning in Gotham City, several executives from Wayne Enterprises leave the Wayne Foundation building under the hypnosis created by Poison Ivy. At that moment at the GCPD Headquarters, Commissioner Gordon is having troubles retaining Dr. Lignier, who was taken in by Batman the previous night, claiming that he is Poison Ivy's associate. However, without evidence, the man could go free the next day and Bruce Wayne is trying to press charges to prevent that from happening. Using Gordon's phone, Bruce calls Lucius Fox, who informs him about the missing executives and Lignier says something in a cryptic manner, suggesting that Ivy's plan has started.
Elsewhere, Jason Todd investigates the parks and natural areas of the city looking for Ivy, to no avail. In the meantime, Poison Ivy has captured and taken the executives to her underground lair, where she is using special equipemtn to drain the men's brainwaves and place them in her recently created "green ghosts", which are truly plant-men.
That evening in the Batcave, Batman and Jason analyze the evidence and Batman deduces that Ivy's fire of her previous hideout was intentional to throw them off her case. The two of them go back to the burned place in Crime Alley. At the place, they find a hole in the ground which leads them to Ivy's hideout. Poison Ivy manages to capture Jason and Batman is forced to fight her green ghosts. During the fight, Ivy explains that she used executives from Wayne Enterprises in revenge for her past failed crime and that her new plan consists in taking Gotham using the force of nature and destroy the city to start again anew. As Batman tries to keep himself alive, Jason manages to turn the situation against Ivy and he uses the same garrote that she used to capture him, twisting it around her neck and forcing Ivy to call off her monsters. Once the creatures are incapacitated, Jason knocks Ivy unconscious and Batman notes that the measure was perhaps too brutal, but he thanks the kid for saving his life.
Whith Ivy taken back to the authorities, the executives rescued and the evil plan thwarted, Batman and Jason return to the Batcave, where the Dark Knight tells the young kid that he is ready to become his parter. Like this, they start looking for a fitting new name for the new sidekick.
Appearing in "Werewolves of London!"
- The Detonator
- Werewolves of London (Biker Gang)
- Warren Whelmsley
- Meredith Moran
Synopsis for "Werewolves of London!"
The Werewolves of London, the motorcycle gang, make off with the black box, and The Detonator also escapes. Green Arrow captures one of the gang and makes him reveal the location of their hiding place. But when he goes to the Werewolves’ hideout, GA is surprised from behind by another of the band.
- This book was first published on October 27, 1983.
- "Brambles" takes place after the events of Batman #367.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 534 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 534
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- No external links.