"Clothes Make the Cat(man)": Catman’s cellmate, Collins, breaks out of jail according to the plan created by Batman and Commissioner Gordon. Collins was made believe that Catman succeeded in stealing a prized o
Appearing in "Clothes Make the Cat(man)"
- Shiv Collins (as Catman) (Final appearance)
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "Clothes Make the Cat(man)"
Catman’s cellmate, Collins, breaks out of jail according to the plan created by Batman and Commissioner Gordon. Collins was made believe that Catman succeeded in stealing a prized object from the Gotham Museum and defeated Batman thanks to his magic suit and in order to prevent Catman from taking the loot he has gathered over the years, Collins set out to stop his former cellmate.
When Collins arrives to Gotham, he steals Catman’s costume to give him more “lives” to risk and he starts testing the costume at every possible chance. Batman has to save the fool several times from killing himself and the crook starts believing that the costume is indeed magical. Without any concern in the world, Collins goes to find his hidden loot in some caverns outside of Gotham and Batman follows closely.
Collins eventually makes it to the place where he hid his stolen loot, but he creates a cave-in, forcing Batman to save him once more. As the cave is totally changed, Collins goes to the nearest light source and much to his surprise, he finds himself inside the Batcave. Collins starts destroying the place, but Batman recovers shortly after and confronts the madman in the Batcave. Collins uses the Giant Penny against Batman, but the Dark knight in turn uses the T-Rex to stop the attack. When Collins is finally cornered, Batman beats him to a pulp and with the loot already retrieved, he and Robin deliver the criminal to the authotities.
Appearing in "Three Years Ago Today"
- Jacaruso (Single appearance)
- Dave (Single appearance)
- Acid Arrow
- Gas Arrow
- Siren Arrow
- Grenade Arrow
Synopsis for "Three Years Ago Today"
Green Arrow is able to capture Jacaruso, a gun-runner, but is unable to prevent John Lennon from being killed just before they were to do an interview.
- "Clothes Make The Cat(man)" takes place after the events of Batman #371.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 538 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 538
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- No external links.