"The False Face Society of Gotham": Black Mask has gathered more members for his False Face Society and their crime wave has increased, already claiming the second life of another member of the corporate board that was appointed by the Wayne Foundation to tak
Appearing in "The False Face Society of Gotham"
- Mayor Skowcroft (First appearance)
- Circe (a model)
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "The False Face Society of Gotham"
Black Mask has gathered more members for his False Face Society and their crime wave has increased, already claiming the second life of another member of the corporate board that was appointed by the Wayne Foundation to take control of Janus Cosmetics. While the events only confirms Batman's suspicion that Black Mask, the new self-proclaimed crimelord of Gotham, is in fact Roman Sionis; the news also mean that the Wayne Foundation assets over Janus Cosmetics hang on a thread.
Around the same time, a new acting Mayor is appointed after Hamilton Hill's forced resignation and Commissioner Gordon and Harvey Bullock give the new Mayor the proper welcome, making it clear who is in charge. Meanwhile, Black Mask continues his killing spree of Wayne Foundation executives and he has appointed two members of the False Face Society to follow Bruce Wayne on every public appearance. Bruce realizes he is being followed during a Wayne Foundation ceremony in which he goes with Julia Pennyworth as his date.
The next day, Black Mask and his thugs kidnap Circe, the former model of Janus Cosmetics and Black Mask disfigures her face with his corrosive chemical compound, forcing her to use a mask to hide the hideousness of her once beautiful face. In the meantime, Bruce Wayne goes to the movies with Jason Todd and after they exit the movie theater, they split to confuse the False Facers following them. The criminals decide to follow Bruce Wayne into the subway, where they are confronted by Batman and on their escape attemtp they are stopped by Robin. The heroes capture the crooks, but they are unable to learn anything from them since they didn't have direct contact with Black Mask. Like this, the hunt for Black Mask continues as well as Black Mask's quest to eliminate Bruce Wayne.
Appearing in "Crazy from the Heat"
- Bonfire (First appearance)
- Firefighter Chief (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Crazy from the Heat"
When a fire-throwing villainess named Bonfire traps Black Canary in a burning tenement, the Canary finds herself stricken by a phobia and unable to free herself. Green Arrow rescues her, and she later tells him she had a strange episode of deja vu while caught in the fire. Later, looking through her scrapbook at old pictures of her mother, the first Black Canary, Dinah Lance is struck by a revelation.
- "The False Face Society of Gotham" takes place after the events of Batman #386 and the story continues in Batman #387.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 553 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 553
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- No external links.