"The Bleeding Night": The Night-Slayer keeps murdering members of the False Face Society in his attempt to find Nocturna, who at the moment is at the Gotham Observatory with Robin, who has finally accepted
Appearing in "The Bleeding Night"
- Jake (Single appearance)
- GCPD Headquarters
- Gotham Observatory
Synopsis for "The Bleeding Night"
The Night-Slayer keeps murdering members of the False Face Society in his attempt to find Nocturna, who at the moment is at the Gotham Observatory with Robin, who has finally accepted her as his mother. Unfortunately, Harvey Bullock is close nearby and he attempts to capture her, but Robin prevents this.
Frustrated, Bullock returns to the GCPD Headquarters, where he talks with Commissioner Gordon about his suspicion about Robin being a different kid from the years past. Bullock makes a strong case, but comes to the wrong conclusion that Robin is the biological son of Nocturna, who turned against her and started working with Batman. To Bullock's surprise, Gordon has deduced that this Robin is indeed different from the previous one, but he has never been concerned so long as Batman keeps helping the GCPD.
Elsewhere, Nocturna finally gets in touch with the remaining members of the False Face Society and convinces them to work for her, but only following her strict command. Like this, a member goes on his first mission, but he is stopped by the Night-Slayer, who seeks to kill him. The murder attempt is prevented by Batman, who forces the Night-Slayer to retreat and learns of Nocturna's involvement with the False Facers.Moments later, Batman goes to the abandoned Gotham Observatory, where he meets with Nocturna and interrogates about her intentions. She explains that she has returned to the place in order to study whatever is causing the skies to turn red, for her beloved night is also affected by this, but in order to get the place working, she needs money, the same that she expected to get from the False Facers. Batman explains that she is in danger from the Night-Slayer and Nocturna brings up her dead feelings for him, as she started loving the Dark Knight instead. Ironically, Nocturna mentions that her only kiss with Batman happened when he was delirious and probably didn't feel it, to which Batman replies that he is fine now and they embrace each other in a passionate kiss.
Appearing in "Zen and the Art of Dying"
- Green Arrow (Flashback and main story)
- Lars (First appearance) (Flashback only)
- Exalted Master (Flashback only)
- Star City
- Ashram Monastery
Synopsis for "Zen and the Art of Dying"
Onyx asks Green Arrow to help her battle Lars, a renegade monk who killed the Exalted Master with a poisoned arrow and intends to take control of the monastery himself. GA, who remembers an encounter he had with Lars during his brief monastic stay, in which the renegade confided that he sought a “wisdom key” that unlocked the powerful Book of Ages, agrees. But when he and Onyx enter the monastery, they are confronted with bow-armed minions of Lars’s.
- "The Bleeding Night" takes place after the events of Batman #389 and the story continues in Batman #390.
- The sky is turned red in this issue as a result of the events of the Crisis on Infinite Earths, but this reference is never mentioned in the story.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 556 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 556
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- No external links.