- Sorry, but you'll have to find another park... we've already got a pair of jackasses!
- -- Robin
Appearing in "One out of Two... Isn't Bad..."
- Crime Doctor (Flashback only)(Behind the scenes)
- Beth Sloane (Final appearance)
- Gotham Memorial Hospital
- Noah's Park (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "One out of Two... Isn't Bad..."
Batman, Robin and Two-Face are trapped inside a freezing wagon with a bomb set to explode in two minutes, thanks to the evil plans of Paul Sloane, who believes he is Two-Face after his face was scarred in the same way. Thanks to his escapist abilities, Batman breaks free and helps Robin and Two-Face out of their bonds. Using the bomb to distract Sloane and his men, Batman and Robin manage to defeat most of the thugs, but Sloane and Two-Face escape.
The next night, Batman prepares a trap for Sloane, luring him to Noah's Park, where he intends to capture him for good. The plan is successful and in the final fight, Sloan's sanity is restored when his wife appears and helps him out of his madness. With his sanity restored, Sloane collaborates with Batman and the Gotham City Police Department in order to deduce Two-Face's next crime and they realize Two-Face intends to steal valuable items from the Gotham City Hall.
Later at City Hall, Batman, Robin, Commissioner Gordon and Sloane foil Two-Face's crime and while the heroes battle Dent's henchmen, Sloane redeems himself by confronting Two-Face and helping capture him in the final fight. With Two-Face captured, Sloane is taken to a hospital, where his face is restored with plastic surgery and everyone's lives return to normal.
- The character of Paul Sloan was not used again for almost 16 years until Detective Comics #777, in which all his previous background and the events of this issue were ultimately forgotten. For this reason, it's safe to assume this story, along with the previous issue are not part of the canon continuity, as much of Mike W. Barr's run in Batman.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 581 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
Links and References
- No external links.