"Cats": Batman saves an old lady from skater punks in Robinson Park. He throws one of them into the bushes, where they find the corpse of a man, apparently devoured by some animal. At that moment, Thomas Blake realizes that his Siberia
- The thrill of the hunt -- there's no feeling in the world like it!
- -- Catman
Appearing in "Cats"
- Andy Webber (Single appearance)
- Cisco (Single appearance)
- Corky (Single appearance)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Rasputin (tiger)
- Sara Dulman (Single appearance)
- T.C. (Single appearance)
- Blake Manor
- Robinson Park
- Hottin Roofing Company
- Schrodinger Delivery truck
Synopsis for "Cats"
Batman saves an old lady from skater punks in Robinson Park. He throws one of them into the bushes, where they find the corpse of a man, apparently devoured by some animal. At that moment, Thomas Blake realizes that his Siberian tiger has escaped into Gotham and he goes looking for his animal as Catman.
Catman searches for his tiger while the GCPD investigate. Reporter Sara Dulman accuses Catwoman of being responsible of the grim murder on live TV. Catwoman sees this on TV and is outraged, so she goes to intervene. Batman finds the tiger while it's attacking another burglar. Catman sees him and slices the Batrope, forcing Batman to fight the tiger with his bare hands. Batman beats the tiger into submission while Catwoman arrives and throws Catman off a roof.
Catman survives, and he stumbles past two shady animal catchers. These men have been catching stray cats all night so they can sell to a research lab. When they see Catman, they are terrified and swear to never hurt cats again. Later, Catwoman finds Sara Dulman and angrily tells her that she doesn't eat people. This is recorded on live TV, and Catwoman slashes at the camera. In the aftermath, the tiger is taken to the zoo, and Catwoman happily returns home.
- Catwoman's last appearance was in Blind Justice. Her next appearance is in Sisters in Arms.
- On page 7, there's a newspaper reading "Penguin Alive". This is a reference to the story from the previous issue.
- The van catching cats is called Schrodinger Delivery. This is a reference to Schrodinger's Cat.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 612 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 612
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns