"God of Battle": Ulysses Hadrian Armstrong is a teen that spent mos of his youth on a military academy. There he read military history books until he became a military genius. He then decides to burn the academy and travels to Gotham City to assemble
Appearing in "God of Battle"
- General (First appearance)
- Bengal Street Raiders (First appearance)
- Butchie (First appearance)
- Chango (Only appearance; dies)
- Young El (First appearance)
- Eight Avenue Oh Gees (First appearance)
- Shades (Single appearance)
- Valley Pines Military Academy
Synopsis for "God of Battle"
Ulysses Hadrian Armstrong is a teen that spent mos of his youth on a military academy. There he read military history books until he became a military genius. He then decides to burn the academy and travels to Gotham City to assemble an "army".
He starts taking some street gangs under his control, and they start calling themselves War Dogs. When he had enough people to act, he stole weapons from a national guard armory creating havock in order to send a message to rival gangs. For his military skills he is named "The General".
Batman and the police decided to do something about it, but are overwhelmed by the recently acquired weaponry, resulting in Batman being shot and seriously injured.
Meanwhile, The General and his troops plan an attack on the rival gangs to boost their ranks with their members. The plan also includes an attack on the Black Mask's gang and the Gotham City Police Department as well as a plan to kill Batman.
- This book was first published on November 3, 1992.
- No special notes.
- In some panel, the General uses the phrase "Veni, vidi, vici". This is latin for "I came, I saw, I conquered"; a known phrase used by Julius Caesar, a roman general.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 654 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 654
Links and References
- No external links.