Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
""Lightning Changes"": Batman and Robin are out on the streets of Gotham City once more, but the man under Batman's cowl is actually Jean-Paul Valley, whose methods are noticeably more brutal that those of the 'real' Batman. When
- You hand over that hammer and you hand it over now. Unless you want to spend the rest of your life on a respirator.
Appearing in "Lightning Changes"
- Ismal (Single appearance)
- Taz (Single appearance)
- Tony Bressi (First appearance)
- Vinnie (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Lightning Changes"
Batman and Robin are out on the streets of Gotham City once more, but the man under Batman's cowl is actually Jean-Paul Valley, whose methods are noticeably more brutal that those of the 'real' Batman. When Robin tries to question Jean-Paul's methods, the new Batman is dismissive.
Back at Wayne Manor, Bruce Wayne is confined to a wheelchair, and hopes to talk to Doctor Shondra Kinsolving. He is told that she is just next door helping Tim's father Jack Drake, who is also wheelchair-bound. Bruce contemplates getting Alfred to give him a ride, but his friend is so exhausted from taking care of him that he chooses not to wake him.
Bruce wheels himself over to Drake Manor, but on his way he discovers that an armed gang has surrounded the manor. Bruce determines that the gang's appearance there is not random, and that it must be yet more machinations from Bane. He manages to take out one of the thugs, but when he arrives at the manor, he is too late, and witnesses both Jack Drake and Doctor Kinsolving being kidnapped - and he can do very little to stop it.
Bruce tries to intervene, but in his weakened state he is easily beaten. The thugs knock him out of his chair onto the ground and escape with Mr. Drake and the Doctor. Bruce lies on the ground bemoaning his failure until Alfred rushes over to help him back up.
Jean-Paul follows his own leads, invading the Gotham Dome, despite Robin's warnings that they are to avoid Bane. Inside, Jean-Paul carelessly battles with the armed mob meeting there, and when Tony Bressi begins to escape, he leaves Robin to fend for himself. Jean-Paul learns that Tony Bressi's kids have been kidnapped by Bane, and Jean-Paul plans to use this to lead him to the man who broke the bat.
- This issue is Chapter Sixteen of the "Knightfall" Saga. The story continues in Batman #499. A related side-story takes place in between these two issues with Batman: Shadow of the Bat #16-#18.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Knightfall Part Two - Who Rules the Night trade paperback and in Batman: Knightfall Volume One.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 665 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.