Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Town Tamer": The 'Trigger Twins' hold one of the Gotham City Subway System stations, hoping to gain access to the 600 train, a train carrying all of the collected transit fares for the day - a number totalling millions of dollars. In the process, they murder the station
Appearing in "Town Tamer"
- Dan Doyle (Final appearance)
- Calvin Berkowitz
- The Joker (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Town Tamer"
The 'Trigger Twins' hold one of the Gotham City Subway System stations, hoping to gain access to the 600 train, a train carrying all of the collected transit fares for the day - a number totalling millions of dollars. In the process, they murder the station's change-maker. After they leave, someone alerts the police of the murder, and Batman overhears the call from the new subway rocket Batmobile.
As the twins gain access to the train and make their getaway, Batman is forced to play catch-up, using his memorization of the train schedules and maps to get closer to them. When the twins realize they're being followed, they open fire on him with antique weapons, their bullets simply bouncing off of the bullet-proof Batmobile. Batman manages to line his vehicle up on a parallel track with the speeding train, and grapples across.
Batman fires several of his shuriken into the twins, angering them to the point that Tom Trigger follows him up onto the roof of the moving train, where he finds himself easily outmatched by the Batman's high-tech Batsuit. His brother soon follows, and suffers a similar fate. With the twins unconscious, Batman asks the driver to stop the train.
Elsewhere, movie producer Calvin Berkowitz has a proposal 'offered' to him - the Joker wants to direct "The Death of Batman: The Motion Picture."
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest: The Crusade" crossover.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Knightfall Volume Two - Knightquest.
- On the subway station there is a wanted poster featuring Bane, even though he was already captured.
- The name of Bob Kane is also featured as a graffiti on a subway wall.
- A newspaper headlines reads "Batman Hooks Mekros". This happened in Batman #501.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 669 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.