Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Cutting Room Floor": Joker shows a test reel of his new production "The Death of Batman." The producer, Barry Zedmore gladly agrees that Paragon Pictures would be happy in shooting the film. The Joker tells him that he will get the cast together saying the [[Jean-Paul
- By all means. Perhaps the rushes will reveal something. The camera never lies y'know.
- -- Joker
Appearing in "The Cutting Room Floor"
- Barry Zedmore (First appearance)
- Calvin Berkowitz
- Cindy Brookes (First appearance)
- Lurene (First appearance)
- Saint Dumas (In a vision)
Synopsis for "The Cutting Room Floor"
Joker shows a test reel of his new production "The Death of Batman." The producer, Barry Zedmore gladly agrees that Paragon Pictures would be happy in shooting the film. The Joker tells him that he will get the cast together saying the lead is a bit temperamental.
Meanwhile, a group of muggers dressed as common creatures from the late night show attack a young girl, Cindy Brookes. Batman takes them down easily as he knows that the creatures were of someone's design. Joker on the opposite building says that he misses the traditional Batman. Batman then takes Cindy to her apartment on her college canvas.
Joker looks at the footage from the previous night while his henchmen argue about the new look for the Dark Knight. The producers have been locked up in a cell in which Zedmore is saying that "The Death of Batman" is going to be Paragon Pictures' biggest hit. In the Batcave, Jean-Paul has a vision of Saint Dumas telling him that he grow weary of the crusade and must continue on. The Joker decides that the Batman needs motivation so get's the cameras to go to Cindy's college canvas. Batman then takes on another group of movie monsters finding out that the Joker has been watching him. He then sees that someone is thrown out the window but it's Robin!
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest" saga.
- Batman (Jean-Paul Valley) appeared last in Batman: Shadow of the Bat #24.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Knightfall Volume Two - Knightquest.
- On page 3, the Joker is wearing a coat with the old DC Comics logo, also known as the "DC bullet".
- The Joker's unnamed film critics who reviewed Batman's new look resembles to Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel.
- There are seveal characters disguised as movie monster both in the cover and inside of this story. Some of them are Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, a Werewolf and Leatherface.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 671 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 671
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.
[[Category:Batman: Knightquest|Detective Comics Vol 1 0671]]
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.