"Midnight Duel": Jean- Paul Valley improved the batsuit one more time. This time, he made it bulletproof, changed the cape for some metal ailerons, added a flamethrower and made the shuriken projectile gun a full automatic weapon. All this changes wer
Appearing in "Midnight Duel"
- Gotham City
- Mercy General Hospital
Synopsis for "Midnight Duel"
Jean- Paul Valley improved the batsuit one more time. This time, he made it bulletproof, changed the cape for some metal ailerons, added a flamethrower and made the shuriken projectile gun a full automatic weapon. All this changes were designed by Jean-Paul's implanted system in order to sustain a fight against Gunhawk. Batman jumped into the batsubway rocket and listened on the CGPD radio that a firefight occurred at Mercy General Holpital. Batman knew that Gunhawk's partner, Bunny was wounded so he deduced it was them at the hospital.
There were already some Police Department members located outside the hospital deciding what to do. Officer Kitch was trying to negotiate with Gunhawk but he answered by gunning them from a hospital window. The tactical team had posted snipers on a nearby building and they saw the moment that Batman entered the hospital. Batman tried to be subtle but Gunhawk started a gunfire against Batman. The battle continued as both of them used their weapons to beat one another and it would have continued if it hadn't been for Gunhawk's weapons that run out of bullets. Batman seized the opportunity and took him down, but while he was beating him, Batman was thinking of Abattoir and how Gunhawk deserved to die as well as Abattoir did. At that moment, the tactical squad unit entered the hospital and started to shoot at Batman and Gunhawk. Batman escaped and the police arrested Gunhawk as Batman watched the scene from a hidden vantage point.
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest: The Crusade" crossover event.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Knightfall Volume Two - Knightquest.
- This is the last issue of Knightquest: The Crusade. The story continues in Robin (Volume 4) #7 labelled as Knightquest: The Conclusion
- Jean-Paul Valley/Batman doesn't speak a single word in the entire issue.
- This issue featured an embossed cover with blue and gold foil. Both covers are credited to Jones, Beatty and Le Rose.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 675 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.
[[Category:Batman: Knightquest|Detective Comics Vol 1 0675]]
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.