- Behind all that steel and all those dawn gadgets...you're just a common thug! You want to be Batman, huh? Yeah, right. You'd have to stand on top of Gotham Tower just to reach his boots!
- -- Nightwing
Appearing in "Flesh and Steel"
Synopsis for "Flesh and Steel"
An enraged Nightwing goes after Jean-Paul after he rigged the Batmobile to explode with Bruce in it. Robin meanwhile saves a child from a car that was about to explode. Nightwing and Jean-Paul fall off of the bridge into the water.
Robin turns around to see Bruce unharmed. Bruce knew that Jean-Paul would have rigged the car. Bruce tells Robin to follow him as Nightwing can hold his own and know when to back off with Jean-Paul.
Nightwing follows Jean-Paul to a riverboat casino. Jean-Paul tells Nightwing that he will kill him and then Robin so there will be no more "pretenders". Jean-Paul bests Nightwing and is about to kill him, when policemen enter the scene. Jean-Paul throws Nightwing into the cops' path, escaping in the process. He finds his way to the subway tunnels back to the cave, praising St. Dumas all the way. He hears someone above in the manor and comes face to face once more with Bruce!
- This "KnightsEnd" crossover takes place between Shadow of the Bat #30 and Legends of the Dark Knight #63
- This issue is reprinted in the trade paperbacks Batman: Knightfall Part Three: KnightsEnd and Batman: Knightfall Volume Three: KnightsEnd.
- In an ironic twist that foreshadows Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #63, Bruce's stance on the last page mirrors Bane's stance on the last page of Detective Comics #663. The background of each image is identical, in terms of where each is standing in relation to the entrance to the Batcave, but different in the fact that Wayne Manor has been left unkempt since Jean-Paul's assumption of the Mantle of the Bat.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 677 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- No external links.
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.