"A Twice Told Tale": Batman is back in Gotham City and is seeking the source of all the troubles, Two-Face. He stops at every crime he spots in the city, major or minor, all the crimes he must stop and all of them delay him from get
- I wish it made me feel better. Funny thing is...just as I'm getting good at this...I know I'm going to have to give it up.
Appearing in "A Twice Told Tale"
- Batman (Dick Grayson) (Flashback and main story)
- Gotham City Hall of Records
- GCPD Headquarters
Synopsis for "A Twice Told Tale"
Batman is back in Gotham City and is seeking the source of all the troubles, Two-Face. He stops at every crime he spots in the city, major or minor, all the crimes he must stop and all of them delay him from getting near Two-Face. Two-Face is at that moment on the Hall of Records and plans on destroying all the records and kill the Batman with the same plan.
Tim was searching for info on Two-Face's next move but was unable to find anything useful. He contacted Oracle to help him. Oracle received a call from James Gordon as he wanted to talk to someone after arguing again with his wife. Oracle told him to call her later and she gave Tim a possible location of Two-Face. Robin let Batman know what Oracle told him and after spoiling an escape attempt by Cluemaster and Czonk, Batman headed right to the Hall of Records.
Robin was captured by Two-Face and was tied to a table and next to him was Harvey Kent. Above them both was hanging a ton of paperwork held only by a cord. Two-Face was planning on killing them both by cutting the lines and let the paper weight crush them. Batman arrived just in time. He put the lights out and took Two-Face's thugs down. He then moved Robin and Kent away from the trap using a forklift. After saving them, he took down Two-Face and waited until the GCPD arrived. After beating his greatest foe, Dick realized that he was getting good at being Batman, but he was sad to known that he might have to give up the job when Bruce returned.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Prodigal and Batman: Knightfall Volume Three - KnightsEnd trade paperbacks.
- The events of this issue take place between Shadow of the Bat #33 and Robin #12.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 680 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
Links and References
- Detective Comics article at Wikipedia
- Detective Comics series index at DCU Guide
- Detective Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Detective Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database Project