Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Fate brings us together once more, Bruce Wayne. One last time. We are Gods, Wayne! Gods battling for the fate of humankind!
- -- Bane
Appearing in "Legacy, Part Six: Gotham's Scourge"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- "The Shrike" Boat
Synopsis for "Legacy, Part Six: Gotham's Scourge"
Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Huntress are watching over some specific attraction centers in Gotham City to prevent the release of the new strain of the Ebola Gulf-A virus. Batman was watchin a Casino that would open the next day when he spotted two men that were speaking farsi. He knew that Ra's planned to release the virus at the opening ceremony of the Casino. Batman told Nightwing and the others to start looking for Ra's al Ghul's ship while he found a way to take the virus away.
Batman started to look inside the Casino for the most likely place to release a virus. While he evaded the shooting from the casino guard's, he followed a clue that lead him to the casino's kitchen. He knocked some thugs and opened a gas valve with the intentions of burning the entire place and by doing so, eliminating the virus. While he was at it, Bane arrived and the both of them engaged in combat. Batman endured long enough to leave the gas fill the kitchen. Batman locked himself in a storage cabin when the gas was about to ignite. Bane understood Batman's plan just in time to find cover and managed to survive the explosion that burned the Casino entirely.
Once outside, Batman and Bane retook the fight in the shore. Bane had the upper hand and was about to drown Batman in the sea when Batman remembered the night that forged him and his strength came back along with a renewed rage. With the new strength, Batman managed to subdue Bane but when Batman planned to take him into police's custody, the tide rose and took Bane into deep waters. Batman was too exhausted from the confrontation and couldn't follow Bane.
Nightwing and the others contacted Oracle to find out where the ship of Ra's al Ghul was. They were headed towards Ra's without knowing that Ra's plan was to eliminate all of them.
- This is the sixth part of the Batman: Legacy storyline.
- The events of this issue take place between Batman #534 and Robin #33.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Legacy collected edition.
- This is the first time Batman and Bane face each other since Vengeance of Bane #2; and this is considered to be the first official rematch since their fight in Batman #497.
- Bane states that he considers Batman and Ra's al Ghul as his equals.
- There is a little reference to Giacomo Puccini.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 701 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|Batman: Legacy Crossover
The events from this issue are related to the Legacy crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996. The events of Legacy lead into Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.