Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Legacy, Epilogue: Second Chances": The GCPD has captured some of the remaining members of the League of Assassins and took them into custody; but the few members that were not captured were planning an attack on the [[Gotham City Police
Appearing in "Legacy, Epilogue: Second Chances"
- Ronnie (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Legacy, Epilogue: Second Chances"
The GCPD has captured some of the remaining members of the League of Assassins and took them into custody; but the few members that were not captured were planning an attack on the police department to release their partners. Meanwhile, Bullock and Montoya interrogate one of the assassins to know who was their leader. The assassin refused to tell and Gordon had a hunch of who was behind it all. Sarah and Jim started to argue about their relationship.
Meanwhile in Gotham City the infected people were taken into medical centers to acquire a vaccine and there was a curfew fro those who were not infected. Batman and Robin surveyed the medical centers. Batman decided to help the institutions by going there as Bruce Wayne and provide anything they needed. He was shocked to see the amount of dead bodies that were infected by the plague and rushed outside, leaving the formalities to Lucius Fox. At that moment Robin foiled a robbery and find an abandoned child on the street. The kid was called Ronnie and was infected with the virus. Robin took the kid and took him to the nearest medical center as fast as he could. When he arrived, he called a doctor to examine Ronnie, but the doctor told him that the boy was already dead. Robin was left sad and helpless as he had promised the kid to save him and failed. Back in the batcave, Bruce and Tim were depressed for their own experiences with the people. Alfred arrived in time to let them know that if Gotham was still alive was thanks to them, and that they had no real reason to be depressed.
At the police headquarters, the League of Assassins were ready to attack and free their captured members. One of the assassins was running towards the police building carrying an explosive device with him. He detonated the bomb killing himself and blowing the main entrance to the building. Another assassin cut the power lines and cut the lights of the entire building. Commissioner Gordon lead the few members inside the building of the GCPD in a tactical defense strategy. They used gas to take the attackers down but one was holding a bazooka and aimed the shot to Commissioner Gordon. Before he shot, a police member used a taser to incapacitate the man but the shock made the man to fire the projectile towards Sarah Gordon. Commissioner saved his wife by tackling her to the ground and covering her from the falling rubble. After this heroic act, Sarah and James reconciled and embraced each other in a loving way.
- This is the epilogue of the Batman: Legacy storyline.
- This issue continues the story from Robin #33.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Legacy collected edition.
- Group Editor Dennis O'Neil wrote one of his letter columns From the Den; in which he explained that for at least a year, from that point on, there would be no crossovers between the Batman titles and that the stories will start, develop and end in the same title, under public request. He also showed the icon that would be used in the covers to let the readers know how many parts there were in the story. Only two comic books were issued with the logo: Batman #535 and Robin #34.
- James Gordon states that he, somehow, knows about Ra's al Ghul.
- James and Sarah relation decayed back in Shadow of the Bat #33 during the Batman: Prodigal storyline.
- There are references to Gucci loafers; and Typhus disease.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 702 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|Batman: Legacy Crossover
The events from this issue are related to the Legacy crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996. The events of Legacy lead into Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.