Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Rocket Scientist": Dieter Ganz was an unlucky thief who spent most of his early years in Blackgate Penitentiary for little robberies that leave him no profit at all. After ten years in Blackgate he decides that when he goes out, he starts anew. Honest work for honest money. Unlucky as he is
Appearing in "Rocket Scientist"
- Dieter Ganz (Single appearance)
- Cameron Nash (Single appearance)
- Nate (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Rocket Scientist"
Dieter Ganz was an unlucky thief who spent most of his early years in Blackgate Penitentiary for little robberies that leave him no profit at all. After ten years in Blackgate he decides that when he goes out, he starts anew. Honest work for honest money. Unlucky as he is, two criminals approach him and lure him into a jewelry robbery. When Ganz realizes what was it all about, it was too late and he find himself driving the thug's car with the police chasing them.
Batman knew that one of the thieves was a man named Cameron Nash and that he was also a ruthless killer. He and Robin listened to the police radio and knew where the thieves were going. They started to chase them but the thieves escaped using a water conduit. Batman knew were that conduit will take them and he and robin went to the place.
The thieves find themselves facing Batman at the place that Batman has told Robin. The three thieves started to run and entered an industrial laundry. There Batman managed to capture Nash. The second thief tried to hide inside a dryer but was caught inside it and spinning helpless. Batman tried to catch Ganz but he accidentally fell into a pile of clothes and was able to escape from Batman and Robin.
When it was over, Batman told Robin not to worry about the thug that escaped because that kind of men always appears in another hit and so they might catch him the next time he appears.
Nevertheless, Dieter Ganz decided to stick to his honest job as a electronic artifacts repairman and never again committed another crime.
- Editor Dennis O'Neil wrote one of his letters, From the Den in the lettercolumn as a requiem to Mark Gruenwald, who died in August 12, 1996.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 704 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.