- This has opened my eyes, Batman. I don't think I want to be part of your happy little family. Not if the rules mean letting murdering trash like this walk the streets.
- -- Huntress
Appearing in "Cataclysm, Part Fourteen: Shifting Ground"
Synopsis for "Cataclysm, Part Fourteen: Shifting Ground"
Batman and Nightwing join the rescuing efforts across Gotham City while Robin searches for some clues in the Quakemaster's messages. Jolene Relazzo was held captive by Quakemaster and she just hoped that someone was working out the clues she gave through Quakemaster's messages.
Batman and Nightwing found Huntress beating some thugs and they bid her to stop. They worked together to save some people that were trapped in the debris but when they were done, Huntress left the duo telling them that they are too soft on criminals and that she won't be part of a team that allows assasins to live.
As Robin, the Gotham City Police Department was working on the Quakemaster's case. Barbara Gordon teamed up with Mackenzie Bock and discovered a hidden address in one of Quakemaster's messages. Bock left Barbara and headed towards said address. Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya questioned the two thugs that were captured by Batman and were known to be working for Quakemaster. Both criminals were useless to the officers, so Bullock and Montoya started looking over the records for some lead. They found a name of a man with whom the thugs worked for some time before. They jumped to the given address in the archives. Meanwhile, Robin noticed that the Quakemaster chooses weird words to complete a sentence and after realizing that the man always avoids pronouncing words with the letter B, Robin realizes the real identity of the Quakemaster and sets out to the most likely place for the man to be.
At the Gotham City Hall, mayor Marion Grange was discussing the situation of the city with her advisors and Commissioner Gordon when suddenly a group of armed men break in the place demanding to be paid the Quakemaster's ransom money. Mayor Grange told them that there was no money to pay them and one of them pointed a gun at her intending to kill her.
Batman and Nightwing were busy rescuing survivors when Barbara called and told them about her worries of her father. He was out in a meeting at the City Hall for hours and haven't returned. Batman told Nightwing to go alone and investigate if everything was alright because he couldn't spare any time saving the people in need of Batman.
Robin arrived at the place and he spotted Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya approaching the place as well. He looked through a window of the building and discovered Jolene Relazzo trapped in a room. Robin then tried to stop Bullock and Montoya from entering the place without backup but it was too late. Bullock, Montoya and Robin faced a hostage situation against three armed men and Mackenzie Bock as the hostage.
- The events of this issue takes place between Huntress & Spoiler #1 and Catwoman #57.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Cataclysm collection, as well as the 2015 edition.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 721 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
|Batman: Cataclysm Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Cataclysm crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1998. Gotham City was almost completely destroyed by a massive earthquake. This story led into the events that would eventually create No Man's Land.