"Mark of Cain, Part Two": Cain attempted to kill James Gordon, but his daughter, Cassandra, leaped through a window, tackling him and foiling the assassination. Cassandra fell and Cain grabbed her arm while at
Appearing in "Mark of Cain, Part Two"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Mark of Cain, Part Two"
Cain attempted to kill James Gordon, but his daughter, Cassandra, leaped through a window, tackling him and foiling the assassination. Cassandra fell and Cain grabbed her arm while at the same time Batman lassos Cain's legs, suspending both Cain and his daughter over the side of a building. Batman began to lose his grip and Cassandra dropped from her father's grip intentionally. Batman tied off his end of the rope and leaped after Cassandra.
She awakened in a cemetery with Batman. Batman speaked to her and determined that she does not speak. Batman told her that her father has been hired by Two-Face to kill Gordon and warned her to stay away from Cain and leaves. Batman tracked down Cain, found him setting up a sniper rifle for a shot at Gordon and the two fight. Meanwhile, Cassandra went to Two-Face's territory and beat the man with ease. Later, Cassandra interrupts Batman and Cain's fight, stopping the two from killing one another. Cassandra has returned with a lot of money taken from Two-Face and his special coin. Cain went his way leaving Batman and Cassandra to meet up with Oracle, who gave Cassandra a picture of herself during her time as Batgirl. Batman then tells Oracle to call his allies.
- This is the second and last part of the story entitled Mark of Cain, which started in Batman #567. No Man's Land continues in Robin #67.
- In this issue's flashbacks, we learn that in his youth, Bruce Wayne was trained in hand-to-hand combat by David Caine.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 734 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 734
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.