"Homecoming": Bane drove back to Gotham City and as he approached the city, he recalled the early memories from his childhood in Peña Duro and then his time in Blackgate Penitentiary. Somehow Bane felt that Gotham was a prison for many people, but for him, prison
Appearing in "Homecoming"
- Sister Agnes (Single appearance)
- Bane (Flashback and main story)
- Flynn (Single appearance)
- Bojack (Single appearance)
- KGBeast (Flashback only)
- Peña Duro (Flashback only)
- Osito (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Homecoming"
Bane drove back to Gotham City and as he approached the city, he recalled the early memories from his childhood in Peña Duro and then his time in Blackgate Penitentiary. Somehow Bane felt that Gotham was a prison for many people, but for him, prisons were like home.
Bane fooled the U.S. Marshals and managed to jump with a van, from the mainland side of a bridge to the other end of it in Gotham City. Some streets gangs were ready to attack whoever came out of the van but then, they realized that the driver was escaping under the bridge and that the van was filled with explosives. When the van exploded, the nearby people startled and Batman went to see what happened. One of the survivors from the explosion told him that the responsible was Bane. Batman followed Bane's trail but after a while the trail disappeared and Bane attacked Batman from behind. They start fighting in the sewers and after exchanging a few punches, Bane threw an explosive to a gas pipe and caused another big explosion that he used as a diversion to escape Batman.
Batman reached the surface and a nun told him where Bane went to. Batman found Bane and before resuming their fight Bane told Batman that he left an explosive at the nun's place and that Batman must choose between stopping Bane and saving the nun. Batman went to save the nun and Bane was free to roam Gotham City. When Bane stepped in the streets, a street gang asked him who he was and what is he doing there; Bane replied that he was the king of the city and that it was his home.
- The events of this issue take place after Batman #569. No Man's Land continues in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #122.
- KGBEast is wrongly named Axle. This is probably due to an editorial mistake.
- The flashback scenes are taken from Vengeance of Bane I and Vengeance of Bane II.
- Batman uses another alias to stay undercover in Gotham. He goes under the name Mister Fledermaus.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 736 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.