"Goin' Downtown, Part Two: The Vandal": Two-Face was surrounded by gangs that were attacking him. He tried to fight them back but he was outnumbered. One of his henchmen at the Hall of Records called him by radio and told him that someone was attacking them. It was [[
Appearing in "Goin' Downtown, Part Two: The Vandal"
- Tango (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Goin' Downtown, Part Two: The Vandal"
Two-Face was surrounded by gangs that were attacking him. He tried to fight them back but he was outnumbered. One of his henchmen at the Hall of Records called him by radio and told him that someone was attacking them. It was Bane; who was attacking them with heavy artillery. Once he ran out of ammo in his machine gun, Bane used some grenades to blow up Two-Face's henchmen and then he got inside the hall of records. Batman and Robin watched him and Batman decided to leave him and went back to rescue Two-Face from the angry gangs.
Penguin heard the news of what was happening but couldn't decide if it was all good for him.
Bane and the girl got inside the Hall of Records and Bane killed a couple more of Two-Face's men. Then he told the girl to help him and they started placing the explosives that Bane created, inside the hall of records. The explosives were made with radioactive properties, so in a sense, they were mini nuclear bombs.
Two-Face couldn't stand against all the gangs and soon they captured him and they were ready to hang him when Batman and Robin arrived to save Two-Face. Batman fought the gangs while Robin untied Two-Face. Just when Robin freed him, Two-Face ran away and escaped. Batman knocked the last thug of the gangs and at that precise moment, Bane and the girl had finished placing the explosives and activated them. They ran away from the place and a few moments later, the Hall of Records was obliterated by an explosion that was felt all over Gotham City. Bane told the girl that she was free to go but that she must spread the word of what she just witnessed.
Later, Batman and Robin checked the place where the Hall of Records used to be. The radiation was high and Robin asked Batman why they didn't stopped Bane, besides for the reason of saving Two-Face's life. Batman told Robin that Bane had no reason to destroy the records, but that someone else did and he wanted the plan to succeed hoping that the real responsible show up.
- This is the second and last part of the storyline titled Goin' Downtown. The previous chapter was Batman #571. No Man's Land continues in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #123.
- Bane mentions that the Endgame has begun. This is a reference to upcoming and last storyline of the No Man's Land crossover.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 738 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.