"Evolution One: Whispers in the Dark": Ra's al Ghul sends two of his followers to Gotham, armed with a supply of elixir that will last them for 20 weeks. Part of their mission involves destablising the five organised crime operations that have been carving Gotham Ci
Appearing in "Evolution One: Whispers in the Dark"
- Ekin Tzu (First appearance)
- Escabedo Cartel (First appearance)
- Emanuel Escabedo (In a photograph only) (First appearance)
- Vasiliy Kosov (In a photograph only)
- Junior Galante (In a photograph only)
- Able Crown (In a photograph only)
- Mayor Daniel Dickerson (First appearance)
- District Attorney Willis (First appearance)
- Mei Ling (Ekin Tzu's wife) (Single appearance) (Dies)
- Emma Jankow (violinist) (Single appearance)
- Dirk Sims (Tribune gossip columnist) (Single appearance)
- Congressman Chaffey (Single appearance)
- Sarah Essen (In a photograph only)
- Bruce Wayne's limousine
Synopsis for "Evolution One: Whispers in the Dark"
Ra's al Ghul sends two of his followers to Gotham, armed with a supply of elixir that will last them for 20 weeks. Part of their mission involves destablising the five organised crime operations that have been carving Gotham City up for the past 3 months, turning them against each other. One of them, Whisper A'Daire, encounters Bruce Wayne at the gala reopening of the Gotham Public Library, where she sets mental alarm bells ringing both for him and Barbara Gordon. At this opening, it becomes clear that there is a great social rift developing between those who stayed in Gotham over the terrible past year and those who deserted the city but have now returned, the so-called DeeZees.
At the same time as the gala, al Ghul's other operative, Kyle Abbott, attacks the home of the Lucky Hand Triad's leader, Ekin Tzu, killing his wife and leaving one man standing, telling him that he was sent by the Russians. Later, Batman is on patrol and stops at the Able Crown Youth Center, funded by the head of the Burnley Town Massive. Noticing that a door is ajar, he investigates and encounters Abbott, who assumes a semi-bestial form when he fights Batman. Abbott leaves, setting off a massive explosion and saying "goodbye, detective" and blowing the place to pieces with Batman inside.
- There is a special thanks to Alex Combach in the credit box for research assistance.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 743 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
Links and References
- No external links.