- It's not any one thing in particular... I mean, my father wants to know why I'm not married with kids yet...my new partner is an arrogant pain in my butt...and I just helped the D.A. put a man in prison who maybe doesn't deserve it...but you...you remembered my birthday.
Appearing in "Happy Birthday Two You"
- Hernando Montoya (First appearance)
- Louisa Montoya (First appearance)
- Crispus Allen
- Vincent Del Arrazio (First appearance)
- Joely Bartlett (First appearance)
- Harvey Bullock
- Dagmar Procjnow (First appearance)
- James Gordon
- Harvey Dent
- Mike (guard at Arkham) (Single appearance)
- Mr Espinoza (Montoya's neighbour) (Single appearance)
- District Attorney Willis
- Reynaldo Martinez (Single appearance)
- Fiona (Bruce Wayne's secretary)
Synopsis for "Happy Birthday Two You"
The continuing tension between the Originate Gothamites (O.G.s, those who stayed in No Man's Land Gotham City and the Deezees (those who left) is illustrated by the trial of Reynaldo Martinez, where Detective Montoya has to testify. Martinez is accused of murder, having killed a man who wanted to take back his property on returning to the city - Martinez believes he was simply defending his own property as he has been living there for a year and the other man had abandoned it. It is Montoya's birthday, and this is but one of her frustrations, one of them being an anonymous gift of tulips. When Commissioner Gordon tells her to take the rest of the day off, she decides to track down the tulip-giver, and finds that they were sent by Bruce Wayne, a man she doesn't actually know. When she confronts him, he tells her that they are actually from Harvey 'Two-Face' Dent, who forged a bond with her during the No Man's Land year. On learning this, she visits him with cupcakes in Arkham Asylum, a visit which Harvey greatly appreciates, as does Batman, who leaves a note of thanks on Montoya's car, telling her that she gave Harvey peace.
Appearing in "The Jacobian, Chapter 2: The Silken Sniper"
- The Jacobian
- The Mahmatchik (First appearance)
- Farouk (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Jacobian, Chapter 2: The Silken Sniper"
A mysterious woman (Leelee), who has been following the Jacobian, confronts him on his boat and asks him to help her find her husband. However, she knows nothing of the man and cannot even prove that he exists, she just knows that she has a husband and that he is missing. They travel to the city of Mahajaria, where the Jacobian's friend Farouk flees from them in fear before they are approached by a group of 'desert ninjas' clad in similar clothes to Leelee.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 747 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
Links and References
- No external links.